MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need info on two daggers

Article about: Anyone shed any light on these.? One says its maker is FDick and the oter i think is epns solingen, ill post pics of the blades and marks when i get home . One has an nm under the lower part

Default need info on two daggers

Anyone shed any light on these.?
    One says its maker is FDick and the oter i think is epns solingen, ill post pics of the blades and marks when i get home .
    One has an nm under the lower part of the handle and the other has a mark too, but i cant recall it now.
    Hope someone can shed some light as to the legit of them..
    Cheers Dave .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need info on two daggers   need info on two daggers  

need info on two daggers   need info on two daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need info on two daggers
    P
    Many

1 is nskk 2 is SA looking good from these pics.

?

Are they in their correct scabbards??

Well wrong way around in the scabbards...

Other than that they look OK so far.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not sure about the scabbards thats why im asking. Think my boy has messed with them ..
    As for them being the wrong way round, thats just how i put them to hang them.. oopps ..

Hi Kajotdave...I will just call you Dave its easier.....Looks to be 2 decent conditioned daggers..the F.Dick has a typically seen scabbard bearing that light coppery look. F. Dick produced daggers were distributed to SA gruppe districts He;..Sw.. and Wm ( see below the link to the SA Gruppe site map and list of makers known to Gruppe marks
    SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

SA gruppe "Nm' is common for EP&S Ernst Pack & Sohn. The lower crossguard on the EP&S dagger appears to be uncommonly heavy looking for this maker. Their use of sub contracted guards were also used...but this one appears the heavier type. No big deal..just an observation....or just the lighting playing tricks.
    Please if you may more photos of these 2 daggers..they look great..and would look even better as Adrian Stevenson has Specified. Below is a photo of the correct wear of an SA Dagger..and why the scabbard has to be inserted where the carrying ring appears to the right.
    The national emblem " the grip eagle" and runes button above the grip must face outwards during wear. Regards Larry

Included is the link to SA daggers.."in wear" SA - Sturmabteilung
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need info on two daggers   need info on two daggers  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Must have been quite the pain in the freckle walking around with one of those things banging off your thigh. The price of vanity I suppose?

The thing is..they look great when the SA men are just standing there....without the rest of the marching hanger..when walking it swings all over the place. The 45 degree position is not good for running or walking at all..only if the SA mann kept a grip on it..while walking..would be best. The 3 pc marching hanger IMO would be the best application when walking running or riding. Mostly you see the vertical hangers with SA Reiters....."Horse riders"..and NSKK who were very active in moving around. Home made Vertical hangers are also seen with SA and NSKK men..who could not afford to buy a new hanger..if theirs broke or was damaged. I have a thread coming up on just such a homemade hanger..on an SA dagger coming up soon. Ade is going to scream when he sees this!! ...the upcoming dagger is Early SA Ferdinand Nuehaus. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I will post some better pics < thanks for the if , seems to match what ive been told from the guy I got them from.
    also got an armband with the patry stamp on as well. Pics soon.
    Cheers to every one.

Heres a few more pics of the daggers.
    Not the best blades on them as my lad had been messing and showing them off and had been toutching the blades,hence the finger prints..

need info on two daggers   need info on two daggers  

need info on two daggers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast