Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...

Article about: Hi all, This is my latest acquisition, they just arrived in the mail today directly from the vet's niece. A set of 2 Pumawerk SA daggers (RZM M7/27). Both of them appear to have aged almost

?

Default Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...

Hi all,

This is my latest acquisition, they just arrived in the mail today directly from the vet's niece. A set of 2 Pumawerk SA daggers (RZM M7/27).

Both of them appear to have aged almost completely in sync. The metal has the same patina, and both of the scabbards are in almost the exact same condition. The main difference is the blade on one has several bad corrosion spots, while the blade of its partner is almost completely flawless.

What do you guys think about these? Any red flags, or do these look like the real deal to you?

DAGGER #1

Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...

DAGGER #2

Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect SA Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need opinions on 2 Pumawerk SA Daggers...

Hi Darren, both are fine. Good original items.

Cheers, Ade.

They look great-just as they should! No problems with either! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Dzyner, 2 Genuine late war RZM SAs you got there

Congrats on a Great Find !!!!

?

Thanks guys! I have a question for everyone regarding these...

I know with many dagger collectors it is taboo to even consider cleaning a dagger, but I know for a fact that the dull gray of the metal parts on these is simply a dirty film. I'm not 100% certain it is patina, but I know it comes off (looks like the previous owner scraped a small line of it off with her fingernail). I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on whether or not I should clean the metal of the daggers and scabbards (not the blades) to return them to their original shine, and what you'd recommend I use.

Don't do this! These are later RZM daggers and the fittings are just plated.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I Agree please do not clean these daggers as you will do more harm than good, Collectors like to see uncleaned Patina on there daggers

Even a mild dish soap and warm water with a soft cloth(which is Usually fairly safe) might possibly damage the plating. The plating is aged and could well flake. And then you end up with a ruined pair of used-to-be nice SA's. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I too agree with everyone's comments - Leave them be.
    They are fine as they are...........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for your opinions everyone! I'll just appreciate their untouched beauty