Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA

Article about: Neidhardt & Schmidt - BO (Bayerische Ostmark).

Default Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA

Neidhardt & Schmidt - BO (Bayerische Ostmark).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA  
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-06-2013 at 12:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA
    P
    Many

Some more pics of my Neidhardt & Schmidt / BO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA   Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA  

Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA   Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA  

Hi Chris thanx for posting a few extra pics per request...this one is a crowd pleaser...although a 7 on the rarity list....another rare maker not easily found including Gerrits "Friedrich Geigis" SA dagger.

The wood on the Niedhardt beauty is exceptional..including perfect crossguard to grip fit. Thinner type guards rarely seen. 2 Thumbs up Regards Larry

The gruppe mark "BO" has been added to the list
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Chris thats a nice dagger you got!
    Lovely grip and a nice blade
    The anodising on the scabbard is thin, but overall a nice early bird!
    Chris please add a few pics of the dagger in its scabbard to see the lower crossguard to scabbard throat fit.

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well Chris thats a nice dagger you got!
    Lovely grip and a nice blade
    The anodising on the scabbard is thin, but overall a nice early bird!
    Chris please add a few pics of the dagger in its scabbard to see the lower crossguard to scabbard throat fit.

Ger
    Hi Ger! Long time no see. ;-)
    Actually it wasn't me who started this thread, I only added the first picture in the Gau mark thread, then Larry liked the dagger and, well, here we are. I don't have any more pics in the ipad, but I will take 1 or 2 new pics with the ipad in a few minutes. The quality will be inferior to the ones above though. Hold on!

IMO I would not want to short change history for the sake of quick pics that lack detail.. I would rather you take your time and post clear detailed pics. For the sake of history and craftsmanship.. I would expect no less. Take your time Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There is unfortunately a small crack on the throat (scabbard).

I think the pics from the ipad are pretty ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA   Neidhardt & Schmidt Early SA  

Last edited by Chris76; 12-03-2013 at 09:11 PM.

?

Nice crossguard to throat fit!

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice crossguard to throat fit!

Ger
    I am pretty sure it would be better without the small crack.
    It´s not 100% perfect - that is certain, but then again, it´s no Mint Dagger.

?

Quote by Chris76 View Post
    There is unfortunately a small crack on the throat (scabbard).

I think the pics from the ipad are pretty ok.
    Hey Chris,
    I was looking at mine and I noticed the same "crack" within the throat on the scabbard. I don't think it is a crack or damage it is part of the original design!!!! Perhaps an imperfection at the factory or "insert additional speculation here".
    Anzel