Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New SA Dagger

Article about: Hello, I have bought this dagger from this forum's classifieds. It seems like a really good one to me, but I thought I would get comments from those more familiar with these items. Any comme

Default New SA Dagger

Hello, I have bought this dagger from this forum's classifieds. It seems like a really good one to me, but I thought I would get comments from those more familiar with these items. Any comments welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SA Dagger   New SA Dagger  

New SA Dagger   New SA Dagger  

New SA Dagger   New SA Dagger  

New SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SA Dagger
    P
    Many

A nice early one, with a small touch of "yeah I've been worn" attitude. Good choice !

?

Thats a beauty Douglas

Congrats !!!

Mac 66.

Nice pick up. I recall the first time I saw this maker mark,years ago, and thinking someone has a sense of humor making that logo. Then found out it was a real maker!

Steve

I've seen him in classifieds. It,s a Nice original dagger created by a well-known maker. Good choise

Thanks guys, I'm very pleased with it.

I used to work with a guy called Adrian and not many people knew his last name was Dick. After a while Adrian was wondering why he wasn't receiving any mail and it turned out the receptionist was throwing out all mail addressed to 'A. Dick', thinking it was a joke.

Not much to add except it's a dandy of a nice early SA and should fit into most anyone's collection quite nicely! A fine purchase!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I used to work with a guy called Adrian and not many people knew his last name was Dick. After a while Adrian was wondering why he wasn't receiving any mail and it turned out the receptionist was throwing out all mail addressed to 'A. Dick', thinking it was a joke.
    Pretty funny that is well worth posting it in the funny stuff thread on the Gold members forum

To the dagger:
    A most common logo type being without the dots on both ends of the logo..this dagger is in very good condition. The grip is not a typical Dark wood F.Dick type ..the same woods used on Aesculap dagger grips. Yet I would not kick it to the curb either as I have seen many Ernst Pack daggers with a dark wood and not the production light colored fruitwood seen with Pack.

The grip to upper and lower crossguard fit is typical of this producer and was crafted the same way as it would of been with a dark wood. Nice dagger and congrats on a well produced dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This one has the typical early craftmanship that i would expect on a Dick.
    I have seen, as Larry stated, that in a lot of cases producers used what they could get and a grip like this on a Dick for me is just another example of the need to produce.
    I like the dagger, a nice contribution to your collection!
    Congratz.
    Ger