Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Early HACO SA

Article about: I picked this guy up today for a good price. I thought it was a neat one with a scarce maker and the nice Berlin Gau mark.

Default Nice Early HACO SA

I picked this guy up today for a good price.

I thought it was a neat one with a scarce maker and the nice Berlin Gau mark.

Nice Early HACO SANice Early HACO SA
    Nice Early HACO SA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Early HACO SA
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nice Early HACO SA

A nice SA - odd though how the grip finish is wearing,
    like it has been stained or laquered.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    + 1. Looks as someone may have stained it.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Originally these grips are stained and laquered..over handling time and constantly holding the grip will tend to wear it off. This shows good use and that the SA mann was standing guard somewhere and holding the grip as commonly seen in many early SA photos.

The upper scabbard fitting may be a replacement as it looks to be the plated variety,, and possible done as a period fix. A must dagger to have in an SA collection...Kober, Haenal and Sauer also runs a close second,,as these makers also have crossguards of the thinner type. Nice dagger DutchmanRegards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I took it down this morning.

The top crossguard weighs 24.5g and to me appears to be the earlier type...

Thoughts?

Nice Early HACO SANice Early HACO SANice Early HACO SA

Nice original dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I think Larry nailed it!

the upper guard misses the inner numbering, that would mean its been replaced.

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Gerrit,, i was referring to the upper scabbard fitting not the upper crossguard as it does seem to show light numbering. The upper scabbard fitting might of been over cleaned and shined,, but still not a great fit.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

hi Larry,

even with max. magnif. cant find that number tho.., the lower is so clear...why would the upper lost its one?

Is it true that you only ever find Haco daggers with a 'B' for Berlin gau mark and never any other?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.