2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nskk

Looks allright does'nt it

Id say its an average lateperiod.

Have had one myself, from 7/13 if i remember correct.
    (Passed it on as part of narrowing and specifying my collection)
    The thing i noticed, the raised dots in the motto etching, is it because of poor etching or poor steel qualität? Does anyone know?

G43
    ?

Thanks for the input

Hi G43...typical late period SA dagger.....looks as though the scabbard throat was removed at one time as you can see the gap between the throat lip and the upper scabbard fitting. It should be flush against each other.

@ jesper...those bumps are the end result of impurities in the steel. It is a common sight with some makers...mostly seen with Suhl Dagger producers,,,and a few larger producers also. Nothing wrong with a few pimples Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

G43
    ?

Thanks Larry

?

Decent RZM dagger.
    it looks like the blade has been preserved with a non acid free grease, and that changed the color of the burnish from black to redish.
    You can see that its wood is slightly shrunk, it pushes the eagle wings a bit out of the wood, that is often seen.

bubbles in the Motto are a good sign , they never faked it like that, till now

Axe & Hauer is one of the Makers Larry pointed out, they all got it in their Motto.

It looks like the scabbard has been replaced, and the throatlip from the old scabbard is used to make a decent fit with the daggers crossguard.

Cheers,
    Ger

Thanks for the idea Gerrit..I posted one from my collection and another Suhl maker..Motto from the producer Melzer and Feller....which this examples retains all the blackening..and shows the wear to the commonly seen "pimples'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk   Nskk  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I havent got one on hand of my Axe right now, but its also very clear to see in the logo:
    regards,
    Ger
    Nskk

I'm inclined to agree with Ger on this one. I think that the scabbard has been replaced but the throat was retained. There is no way, of course, to tell when this may have been done-or more importantly, Why, though-it could well have been because it was damaged or it could have been converted from an SA to an NSKK, but who can say? Changed postwar to increase value? As for the rest of it, it's in top shape. The crosshatching on the blade is beautifully sharp and the grip has little to no dents or chipping. If it Has been disassembled, it was done carefully and with a proper nut wrench, as I can see no marring of the nut. So, at best, it has to be considered as an SA first and Possibly as an NSKK, but I would not pay anything more than the value of a late SA for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."