Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nskk chain opinions

Article about: Happy new year to all Would Like to hear some opinions on This nskk chain.. the person offering this Claims it to be Real.. but i have never Seen Markings Like on this one before.. Only one

Default Nskk chain opinions

H
    Last edited by Ullergaard; 09-27-2021 at 11:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk chain opinions
    P
    Many

Good day Colonel...give a read through this thread and compare...and there also many more other threads found through the forum search engine.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...dagger-628847/

The chain is one of the highly polished repro types..with incorrect markings not seen on any of the period types.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry

Always appriciated your opinion!
    It is as expected, a reproduction..
    was my first impression aswell..
    much appriciated Larry.

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

?

Bad to the bone, only missing the Fuhrers personal stamp and a swastika to make it even more "Original"

Ger

The guy having the chain for sale wrote
    This after i Said it was a reproduction:

No hard feelings, but I'm sorry to disagree on this. Joe Pankowski looked at this chain a couple of years ago and verified that it is 100% original and estimated its value $895.00. Joe is probably the most knowledgeable dealer on daggers in the country, so I'm totally confident that it is good. I think there were two different styles of marking the NSKK chains and this is the variant. By the way, it was a vet bring back that I purchased locally and the guy had used it as a watch chain

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-04-2018 at 07:06 PM.

So if anyone has a nskk chain WITH the midlle connector
    Part for sale.. please let me know..

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

LOL ...Ok..sorry to disagree with the seller ..so Joe a dealer is the sole authority on daggers in the country ..his word should be taken as gospel..and those who have voiced opinions ..( Just Like Joe )...these do not count because someone else says so ? I know Joe and who he is and seen his wares...very prominent at alot of these shows.

Although physically we all have a brain ..but faith tells us to believe in what we can not see. I dont see anyones brain for that matter ..but I have to believe some have them.
    Should I take someones word for it what I cant see?

Most dagger collectors are familiar with the Metal code RZM5/8 of the Assmann firm producing scabbard chains and fasteners..a widely seen stamping on authentic and repro dagger hangers and chains.

Just for laughs ..lets go out on a limb and punch in the " 87 " seen on that tab ...not sure what it means..but lets assume its a metal fabricator

( Im sure Joe knows this )

RZM5/87 ? ...Ossenburg-Engels Metallwaren fabrik.....The RZM withdrawn Ossenburg Engels permit on January 1 1938.
    this info probably means nothing as I said..not sure what the "87"means

1. Ask Joe to clarify the "87' marking
    2. also where is the NSKK Korpsfuhrung stamping " always " seen on these chains
    3. and also ask him about the differences in the plating processes between that time period and recently in someones garage.

This reputable chain posted above must be an ultra rare prototype variant ..which Im quite sure its ..." One of a kind " and no fittings exist to complete it to full authenticity. anything else that is added onto this chain..would be deemed " parts "

You now have 50/50 balance ... when in a situation like this ...one should further study to seek the truth and not lean on one persons reputation including those who commented here on the WRF. Joe is no different than the rest of us including you, .. Best advice !

Sorry to have let you down Colonel ..its what we do here.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry

That couldnt have been Said better!!
    I have never Seen in my years of collecting
    The 87 mark on such a chain..
    and always the nskk korpsfürhrung mark on the Real ones..

I wrote the seller in the U.S that it was a reproduction and that was his reply..
    I waited two weeks before he send the
    Pictures.. only to be disapointed:-)

I do not have the oppertunity to ask Joe any questions Hence i live in Europe;-)

But still on the lookout for a Real chain if anyone has one?

All the best
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard