MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?

Article about: Hi, I would be very pleased for your opinions on genuity...Especially on chain. Scabbard looks good to me. Thank you all for comments. Dedman

?

Default NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?

Hi,
    I would be very pleased for your opinions on genuity...Especially on chain. Scabbard looks good to me.

Thank you all for comments.

Dedman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?   NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?  

NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?   NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?  

NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?   NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK chained scabbard - Original piece?

Hi Dedman, as no one with more experience with these has replied, I will give you my thoughts.

I will first say, I have little experience with these scarce daggers. But I do like the overall look to this one. But I hope others who do know more might add their thoughts.

Cheers, Ade.

I'd have to agree with Adrian. Construction and markings of the chain and clip all appear to be correct. Check here for a comparison. Wittmann Militaria - NSKK (Nationalsozialistisches Kraftfahrkorps) Dagger Section. It's in great shape too!
    Mark

I have a question.With such a fancy and nice chain would the scabbard have some sort of decoration on the upper and lower metal parts of the scabbard (i know the parts have a name but I am at a loss of what it is) ?!

?

Thank you for your replies.
    According to my opinion, tha scabbard looks well, but I have never come across chained dagger physically...so every opinions from more experienced collectors are really welcomed.

Not on the NSKK. This was, however, the case on the center ramp of the chained SS. There may be special purchase "personalized" examples out there somewhere, but the standard NSKK chained scabbards had plain, undecorated fittings.
    Mark

Quote by operaman View Post
    I have a question.With such a fancy and nice chain would the scabbard have some sort of decoration on the upper and lower metal parts of the scabbard (i know the parts have a name but I am at a loss of what it is) ?!
    No, these were plain on this design. The top part is called the Locket, while the bottom fitting is the Chape.

Cheers, Ade.

As always Ade thanks for the information.