Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

Article about: Dear Friends, i need your help about his dagger, original?, an estimated value?. Sorry i have only these potos. Thanks in advance.

Default NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

Dear Friends, i need your help about his dagger, original?, an estimated value?. Sorry i have only these potos. Thanks in advance.

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

NSKK Dagger, 2 questions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Dagger, 2 questions
    P
    Many

?

From what I can see Im not a fan.

Hi Belgrano.......The dagger you posted if it were all early period as the "Spaltender" logo represents an 8 of of 10 in rarity..it would be worth something...but in this case....sorry to say no. Lets dig into this and list a few reasons why.
    The blade and grip are early period...the scabbard is late period...interestingly..the guards look to be the alluminum type that are rarely encountered on early SA daggers,,but..I will blame the flash lighting in the photos for that observation. So I cant say for sure. So I say original parts dagger..and hard to say if it was period done or recent. Try to search for an example that all parts are consistent with each other and all of that being in the same time period.
    The " Spaltender" maker is quite desirable..but ashame the rest of the dagger does not match. You can do some price comparison on Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals and on Wittmann Antique Militaria
    This will give you an idea what a whole example would be worth in regards to early and late period examples....then take off about 40% for what a parts dagger would be worth. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I think Larry nailed it....
    First thing that catches the eye is the color difference between lower crossguard and upper scabbard fitting.
    I think its aluminium, that would make it almost certain a 1938 dagger, but the blade and grip are early.
    If it were a 1938 Rzm blade i would surely be interested, as the 1938 NSKK with, nickel scabbard fitting, a rzm 1938 blade AND the Alu crossgurds are darn rare to encounter.
    Here is my NSKK RZM (SMF) 1938 to compare.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    NSKK Dagger, 2 questionsNSKK Dagger, 2 questionsNSKK Dagger, 2 questions
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-01-2013 at 11:21 AM.