Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nskk dagger good bad?

Article about: Herebis a dagger being offeres to me. It looks very clean for some reason. It looks ok otherwise. I am to take this on trade what would be an estimated value on this item?

Default Nskk dagger good bad?

Herebis a dagger being offeres to me. It looks very clean for some reason. It looks ok otherwise.
    I am to take this on trade what would be an estimated value on this item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk dagger good bad?   Nskk dagger good bad?  

Nskk dagger good bad?   Nskk dagger good bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk dagger good bad?
    P
    Many

Might need some pics

Very poor fit of the wood to the guards(there's another one for you,Ned..) and the grip eagle has a considerable amount of chipping around it. I don't particularly like the fittings on the painted sheath either. I would pass on it, as it is more than a fair chance a parts dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Chuck..I like the Arthur Schuttlehoffer RZM types..they always had the greatest crossgraining IMO for a late dagger. Wagriff brings up some valid points as the scabbard itself looks to be the early type paint used..mostly done by hand by the owner himself when the order came down that anyone being transferred into the NSKK..would either have to purchase a black scabbard or paint it black which most elected to do..but this application was done during the early period...and cost effective.

The fittings look to be later type used. As far as the grip is concerned..it is a hard call to determine if the grip belonged to this dagger or not. Given over the years there is some wood shrinkage with certain types of woods. This grip has shrunk alot and either was period placed to make production quota or was a recent put together. I have no problem with this type of wood grip with this late RZM type. Yet I would prefer a whole all period part example. I feel the scabbard itself is mismatched. JMO Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well gents here are my 2 cents:
    I think the scabbard might have the original factory paint, the typical shine on the side where the light fall on is hard to get when you paint it yourself.
    The fittings being nickel silver plated steel which perfectly fits the rzm period.
    The throat to guard fit seems to be ok from this angle, so i think its an all period original.
    Looking at the shoulder fit of the grip to the guards i think this grip belongs to this dagger, the Alu eagle it typical for the time this one is produced.
    During the war or early before the wood that was used didnt had the same quality standard as the earlier ones did, so shrinking like this one is quite common.
    The crossgrain looks decent, and overall its not a bad dagger at all.

Cheers,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-13-2013 at 09:44 AM.

To be honest it looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well gents here are my 2 cents:
    I think the scabbard might have the original factory paint, the typical shine on the side where the light fall on is hard to get when you paint it yourself.
    The fittings being nickel silver plated steel which perfectly fits the rzm period.
    The throat to guard fit seems to be ok from this angle, so i think its an all period original.
    Looking at the shoulder fit of the grip to the guards i think this grip belongs to this dagger, the Alu eagle it typical for the time this one is produced.
    During the war or early before the wood that was used didnt had the same quality standard as the earlier ones did, so shrinking like this one is quite common.
    The crossgrain looks decent, and overall its not a bad dagger at all.

Cheers,
    Ger

Agreed Ger, also these later produced RZM SA/NSKK & SS daggers did not have the same quality build as early daggers, i have owned quite a few RZM SAs with poor fits from grip to the crossguards, poor scabbard throat to crossguard fit, poor fitting grip eagles, poor plating & poor quality blades ect, ect, so you really got to remember that some RZM daggers were made better than others.

Regards Mac 66.

This is an old thread but my opinion here is that this NSKK is 100% correct and original. I would put the value somewhere around six or seven hundred US dollars.

I know this is an old thread but this NSKK looks 100% original to me. Nice piece. I would place a realistic value between six and seven hundred US dollars.