Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NSKK Dienstdolch: help

Article about: Hi guys, I'm considering this dagger. Maybe it's just my eyes, but does the eagle look replaced? Is there too much of a gap between the grip and the crossguards on one side of the grip? Than

Default re: NSKK Dienstdolch: help

Great looking dagger - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Dienstdolch: help
    P
    Many

Watch out! Collecting daggers is pure addiction
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Dienstdolch: help  

Congrats Eddie!! Your dagger is finally home I really like the grip on that dagger and soon I will be starting a thread about these grips.
    Ade is correct with the 1933-35 date. I am going to lean closer to very early 1934,, as August Merten was also an early maker. Dont worry too much about the carrying ring,,sometimes things happen. Overall its in great condition!! ...............Now Ivabaust ( Good to see you ) has just given you a good dose of dagger poisoning!! ,, I said it before,, "Like a bag of chips,, you cant eat just one! Every once in a while you see an "Sw" marked guard other than the F.Dick company as they were practically the sole distributors of that SA gruppe,,, amongst other districts but mainly in the South west region.
    I encourage you to read about the "night of the long knives",, as every SA district was affected all at the same time,, when they rounded up Rohm and his buddies. Your dagger since it is an early maker ( before Rohms demise ) was most likely present or within the same vicinity of some High leaders or Rohm himself!! No one will ever know,, but one can not dismiss the possibility. A mint conditioned SA compared to a not so mint dagger still shares the same view of high leaders that are present. Doesnt matter if your dagger is new or so so...It was there!!!...and thats the beauty of that period in History. Regards Larry

Ivbaust SHOWOFF!! pictures are worth more than a thousand words. Nice !!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ... "Like a bag of chips,, you cant eat just one! ...
    So true
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Dienstdolch: help  

And the addiction is not only related to the daggers itself

... and the remaining stuff comes together over the years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Dienstdolch: help   NSKK Dienstdolch: help  

NSKK Dienstdolch: help   NSKK Dienstdolch: help  

I just felt like ,, I just got hit by a truck!! Awesome collection Ivbaust!!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I just felt like ,, I just got hit by a truck!! Awesome collection Ivbaust!!
    Thanks, Larry

When SA and NSKK daggers get too boring, I´m switching to K98 bayonets .... also highly adictive

You need to get a Hobby!

?

Thanks Larry! Do you have any favorite books about the "night of the long knives"?
    "Your dagger since it is an early maker ( before Rohms demise ) was most likely present or within the same vicinity of some High leaders or Rohm himself!! No one will ever know,, but one can not dismiss the possibility. A mint conditioned SA compared to a not so mint dagger still shares the same view of high leaders that are present. Doesnt matter if your dagger is new or so so...It was there!!!...and thats the beauty of that period in History."

This is exactly why I collect things like this, I love the idea that these objects were witness to important periods in History. Very well put, thanks! Should I *gently* use some simichrome on this piece, or leave it as is?

ivbaust: what a collection, I'm looking forward to getting a 1st pattern crash helmet someday soon, thanks for showing us a great group!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast