Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NSKK Dienstdolch: help

Article about: Hi guys, I'm considering this dagger. Maybe it's just my eyes, but does the eagle look replaced? Is there too much of a gap between the grip and the crossguards on one side of the grip? Than

Default re: NSKK Dienstdolch: help

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    And the addiction is not only related to the daggers itself
    ....So that's where all the hangers went.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Dienstdolch: help
    P
    Many

Default re: NSKK Dienstdolch: help

First,,a good pat on the shoulder as this is good to hear...
    QUOTE:This is exactly why I collect things like this, I love the idea that these objects were witness to important periods in History. END QUOTE.
    This is what this hobby is about and to preserve and teach about. We as collectors are teachers also. These artifacts were placed in our hands for a reason and we need to keep that honor. ...........and yes simichrome would be good to use just becareful of the motto and makers logo if there is any burnishing left. You definitely should see a difference,,and if you have it ,, use some highly recommended Renaissance Wax for protection. Its up to you if you want to clean up the nickel fittings,, most collectors dont touch that and just leave the patina. If you do choose to clean the fittings,, the patina will eventually come back over time so no worry there as it will not damage the fittings. nickel silver is pretty resilient.
    The Rohm issue is quite large and i dont have any books that I can refer you to for reading,, but Peter Padfield who wrote the biography of Heinrich Himmler...titled "Himmler" has some in depth reading concerning Rohm and everyone involved in the Night of the Long Knives. That book itself is some great and chilling reading.
    Read study research and teach and you will not be lacking. History is in all of our hands,, hopefully this period in time will not happen again. Larry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3