Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSKK Honour dagger

Article about: Sort of like a three dollar bill across the pond!

Default re: NSKK Honour dagger

Sort of like a three dollar bill across the pond!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Honour dagger
    P
    Many

Actually, the true paper note it's worth generally can be found hanging on the wall in a roll next to a bath tub and a nicely lidded porcelain chair... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Dealer is NSKK ÆRESDOLK

2000€

Had bad feelings straight away when i saw thisone but...still looks nice, had it been real!
    I'm bout to have my birthday so i was looking for a little treat but it wont be this one thats fer sure

?

Spoke to the dealer and she informed med that it is'nt the picture/lightning playing with us, it is ground off by reason i suspected.
    The damascus pattern totally gone on one side and allmost on the other!
    Will go to the armsfair on sunday and look for a present instead :-D

Not by any means unique or alone. At the time when this dagger was created/remanufactured from various and sundry parts - perhaps 40 (?) years ago it was at a time when both fakers and many collectors were not as well versed in fakes and fakery as now. And it most likely sold for a considerable premium over standard daggers.

That the dagger has "problems" is an understatement. But if I had to chose just one as an illustration of some of what is wrong with it. That would be the upper crossguard. Which is a sculpted pot metal (zinc) part which looks like it has been silver plated (with some of the plating now falling off). Also having a very serious fracture breaking it in two probably from one of times that it was over-torqued in reassembly. Opps!! FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Honour dagger  

?

I wouldnt start a new thread for this ...as I only have one pic from behind glass... I'm fairly sure its fake, but have a look...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Honour dagger  

I am fairly sure it is a fake too.

I would "not touch one of these with a barge pole" as we used to say here in England many years ago.

As "FP" eludes, many of these daggers lurk in old collections and as older collectors sell up or die off, I suspect we will start to see them surface again. The late 1960's and early 70's were the hey day of fantasy design daggers made from original parts. Much original material was ruined by people out to make a fast buck.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

If one looks closely at the inscription, it is not perfectly straight. This alone would be enough of a bad sign for me.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2