Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Karl Tiegal

Article about: Hi guys I picked up this nice NSKK with RZM which I have never seen and also with copper eagle. Any opinions ? Thanks .

Default NSKK Karl Tiegal

Hi guys
    I picked up this nice NSKK with RZM which I have never seen and also with copper eagle.
    Any opinions ?
    Thanks

NSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl Tiegal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Karl Tiegal
    P
    Many

Hi Ivan.....for the RZM collector...this one would be collectable..as this maker whether early or late is hardly seen. I dont know what happened to the grip eagle fit...but the grip wood and eagle itself are period. The copper look to it is common to see with later type silver plated eagles. When the silvering wore off..the copper base is exposed. Nickel eagles are forever...just like diamonds. A hard maker to find for the RZM collector. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A fairly scarce maker, but a few questions? First, there is a Lot of air around the grip eagle, so I'm going to assume that it was de-Nazified at the end of the war and restored at one time in it's life. As Larry said, the plated grip eagles will wear through over time and expose the coppery metal beneath, but your wood grip does not share any such signs of wear, so I'm thinking that the eagle was taken from an older damaged grip.There are also some noticeable fitting problems, such as the sheath to crossguard and there looks to be a small gap at the base of the blade to the lower crossguard? This could be a case of a swapped sheath to make it into an NSKK or it could possibly be post-war assembled. In any case, I would be abit cautious on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks guys
    Wagriff ,I don't think that there is a problem with fitting.
    Here are more pictures and you can see it fits pretty well for RZM dagger.
    Also the eagle is fine IMO,just has the chip next to it.

NSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl TiegalNSKK Karl Tiegal

Hello Ivan, Thanks for the much better pictures. I agree that the slight fitting problems were, apparently, from the lighting. The blade has some great crossgraining on it and looks in wonderful condition. The grip eagle, however, has almost certainly been replaced. The chipping around it, particularly on the left hand side,shows that it has been picked out. Additionally, if the grip had been handled and held enough to wear the plating off the eagle, it would reflect it in the condition of the grip wood itself, but there is no sign of such usage. The eagle even has wood chips coming up on the right side as well. With the new photos, I can only reaffirm my earlier opinion that the grip was "de-eagled" after the war and a replacement was likely found in a damaged grip elsewhere. As tight and smooth as the grip wood is now, it looks to have been handled very seldom and lightly-almost impossible to have worn the plating off the eagle-even with polishing and to not have shown signs of it in the wood. Other than the immediate edging of the eagle, the grip wood is in like new condition. It is what it is. An NSKK in beautiful shape made by a very scarce maker that was tinkered with a wee bit-probably by the GI that brought it home. Down the road, it passed on to someone that wanted it restored.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok,thanks William

?

Stingray here is my Karl Tiegel SA Dagger.
    This one is from the same year as yours.
    RZM M7 / 81 / 40

The eagle in this dagger is dark and has a long neck.

Regards,
    Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Karl Tiegal   NSKK Karl Tiegal  

NSKK Karl Tiegal   NSKK Karl Tiegal  

Hi Ron..thankyou for this addition..which supports a rarely seen Late RZM type.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry I shall try to make better pictures of the blade.

?

Hi Ivan,

I think the NSKK looks just fine, and im not having any problems with a copper eagle.
    They used it on the transitionals so its not that far off.
    I do agree with William that it probably has been replaced somewhere along the line looking at the big gaps besides it, but evenmore the gap above its head.
    Otherwise a more then decent late war NSKK.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast