Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NSKK Opinions please.

Article about: Hey all, hope you're all well What do you guys think of the NSKK dagger? All seems good to me I have tried to include several pictures using different options on my camera, i will also uploa

Default Re: NSKK Opinions please.

Thanks for taking the time to look and for all the responses, much appreciated.

Hope these pictures suffice in natural light.

Thanks

Vicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Opinions please.   NSKK Opinions please.  

NSKK Opinions please.   NSKK Opinions please.  

NSKK Opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Opinions please.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to look and for all the responses, much appreciated.

Hope these pictures suffice in natural light.

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Yes the black scabbard with hanger looks good & matches well to the dagger

Best Mac 66.

Hi Vicky the dagger looks great!!...Could you oblige me in 2 more photos of the snap clip side view each side. There are 2 missing "pinch points" on this clip that should be present on this period clip. I will post a photo of what I am trying to explain later as I am at work now. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Vicky,
    A nice used example!
    Congratulations,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Clear to see its a match
    Scabbard and dagger in the same condition, nice used RZM example!
    cant say anything about the hanger, only into the early nickel types
    Have to wait on Larry for that one

Cheers Ger

Thanks Larry, Once i can see what you are on about i will upload some more pics.

Nice matching dagger you have there cool miliaria not to keen on the hanger though, the retainer strap is a different colour which i think could be origional but the leather seems cracked in an un natural way i have heard they are baked in an oven to dry the leather out to make it crack and look old, but as the guys say see what larry thinks, but the dagger deffo passes
    cheers Ronnie

Hi Vicky here are the pics I promised. All that I have seen from early to mid period marked " A..DRGM" have what I call pinch points. I have included 2 photos one from my early NSKK and a late period " A..DRGM 1938 style hanger. That marking disappeared after 1938-39 and all clips were unmarked un less it was a left over item to be used on a late model dagger.
    If you take notice on the photo marked with the orange arrows pointing to what seems to be a cut away "V" under the hinge.......now take notice to your hanger clip as it does not have that cut "V" to it...but yours is straight across. Take notice also to the condition of the metal as it is not the nickel plated variety.
    These DRGM marked snap clips are a favorite for fakers as they know that ...this is what collectors look for. One thing that can not be faked is an original clip or dagger...it may look good on the outside ,,but its what is on the inside that counts most. Study will sharpen your skills when collecting these types.
    Fortunately your dagger is good,,a 1 pc hanger is about $90 US.

I have to agree with Ronnie also as something is amiss with that hanger and not sure of it,,maybe due to the exposure in the photo. IMO if the clip is bad the hanger in most cases are sure to follow it. Like I said these L2s are being produced quickly and easily......again you can change the color or age something,,,but the bottom line its still counterfeit. below are the photos of 2 types of hangers. You will see what im talking about. Best regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Opinions please.   NSKK Opinions please.  

Last edited by Larry C; 02-15-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks like a good SA Dagger but i can not see the diverence betwen SA and NSKK Dagger.

?

DerStuermer,

SA daggers have brown scabbards, while NSKK daggers have black scabbards.

-Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast