Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSKK RZM 7/9 SMF with Alu guards and 3 piece Luneschloss Hanger

Article about: NSKK dagger by SMF blade has lots of Original grain, nice dark Motto & Logo, a little bit greying but overall a great blade. The lower alu guard fits perfectly to the throat, and also fi

?

Ger,

Thats a lovely Variation RZM NSKK with the Alu guards

The 3 piece hanger sets it off !

Congrats to you

Cheers Mac 66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK RZM 7/9 SMF with Alu guards and 3 piece Luneschloss Hanger
    P
    Many

Nice pick up Gerrit!!..... A well conditioned Example. The Aluminum guards and fittings back then were considered more valuable than the nickel fittings...as today beer cans are made of aluminum. A precious metal back during those times..and the aluminum fittings for sure back then were low maintenance. I like the 3 pc hanger the best..which matches the time period
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cor
    ?

Wow!!!!

Speechless. Best of the best I've seen with Alu guards. Like the hanger too.

Cor.

A very interesting and fairly scarce variation, it shows the adaptability at that moment of German blade makers who were no longer able to acquire the copper based nickel silver that they had been using to make dagger fittings.

Which was undoubtedly due to the German rearmament program, which itself had its own problems to deal with. And by 1938 its effects were being felt to the extent that Göring who was now in charge made it a serious issue that needed immediate attention, and the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW) ordered a 47 percent reduction for the use of of aluminum (which had been added to the list). With Germany-Austria at the time the largest single producer of the metal, but only having between 12-13% of the ore that was needed. And the Germans ultimately finding some solutions for the military production side of the equation, that while interesting, are outside the scope of the discussion here of a scarce dagger variant. Well done! Regards, Fred

Ger,
    A very nice one indeed!! The copper eagle is a nice contrast with the alu guards.
    And I really like the 3-piece hanger as well.
    It's very nicely marked.
    You definitely have a very nice NSKK example there!!

Groet,
    Jerry

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words, its appreciated!

Ger

?

Now that's what I would like!! Hope I can get one as nice as that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2