Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Hey boys, first post on this forum I found this NSKK SA Dagger on a auction, and well, I think it's in pretty good shape, I don't se any sign of beeing a repro. I think the slider? or the ha

Default NSKK SA Dienstdolch

Hey boys, first post on this forum

I found this NSKK SA Dagger on a auction, and well, I think it's in pretty good shape, I don't se any sign of beeing a repro.
    I think the slider? or the handel should have been overpainted during the war.

NSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA Dienstdolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

Default re: NSKK SA Dienstdolch

Quote by Normandie View Post
    I think the slider? or the handel should have been overpainted during the war.

NSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA Dienstdolch
    NSKK SA DienstdolchNSKK SA Dienstdolch
    I am not sure what you mean by the slider. The handle should not be painted and does not appear to be. From your images, the dagger appears to be a nice original dagger.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I'm not sure of the price of these daggers, but I think I can get it for.. 600$

Too much money IMO - $500 would be a more reasonable price IMO,
    if it is 100% original..........

The 'slider' or scabbard does seem to be repainted - I'd guess it was
    likely done post-war. The grip appears to be very dark. It may have
    been treated with tung oil or something, although I have one with
    a dark brown grip, it is somewhat unusual.

More unusual is the black rubber buffer pad where the blade
    meets the crossguard. SA Daggers I'm familiar with
    don't have one of these.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 01-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

ok, thanks mate!

As this is an early dagger, it could have belonged to a member of the Motor SA. When the Motor SA was incorporated in to the NSKK, it was not unusual for the member to repaint his dagger scabbard by himself. Many years ago, I bought a large grouping of material from the son of a man who had been in the Motor SA and later with the NSKK and NSKK Speer during the war. Among the father's material was his dagger with a scabbard he had repainted. Without provenance on this piece, it is only a possibility that the repaint was done in period. Careful examination in hand might give you a clue. I agree with the value you received from Walkwolf.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's from a person in the Sachsen Group, and since the nationalsozialistisches kraftfahrkorps wasn't that big, it's rare? =P
    Well, I think I'll pass since the price for this on is to much, better go for a SS

Nice maker and a little over the middle in rarity. I agree with Walkwolf and Bob C. Buffer under crossguard was not standard ,, scabbard is a post war repaint with a recent ding mark on the scabbard paint and lower scabbard fitting missing a screw, The dagger was opened at one time or another. I like the maker. regards Larry

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would also pass on this example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!