Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK /SS Hanger ?

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this Hanger? Is this NSKK or SS I am not too familiar with these hangers. Looking around at other examples I have a feeling of 50/50 thank you for your time T

?

Default NSKK /SS Hanger ?

Hello
    What are your thoughts on this Hanger?
    Is this NSKK or SS
    I am not too familiar with these hangers.
    Looking around at other examples I have a feeling of 50/50
    thank you for your time
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK /SS Hanger ?   NSKK /SS Hanger ?  

NSKK /SS Hanger ?   NSKK /SS Hanger ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK /SS Hanger ?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Being black , I'd be inclined to say SS . I believe NSKK used brown leather .

Hi Tony. .the hanger is not SS proofed which would put this as an NSKK. Yet I dont see why not this hanger could not be used as an SS hanger as it may be a replacement for the original during the period.

To answer CBH on his reply ...yes on hangars being black and brown. The black was the produced type that went along with NSKK dagger production ..for those who joined the NSKK later or could bit afford to purchase a new dagger ..which leads to the other reason why some have brown hangers.

The order came down from the SA High command to comply by changing preexisting brown SA daggers to black which some have been having to have a sloppy paint job including the grip in some instances.

So yes . there are brown hangers matched with black scabbards . see this thread here

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...feller-181940/

This shows the conversion of exactly what happened during the transition. The hanger is a,dark brown color. Thankyou CBH ..for bringing up that point.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Will move thread to the SA forum as the SA dagger and hanger came into being first before the SS.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello
    thank you very much for the help and info.
    I always learning from you guys
    thanks again
    Tony

?

Hi Tony,

now you know a bit more about colour used on hangers etc. so now we can take a closer look at your hanger.
    Its is genuine or a is it a repro...
    Gents schoot ahead.
    HINTS:
    Take a good look at the makermark and the way the clip ( sidewings) looks like, the different materials used on this one.
    Do the materials match the period?

Cheers
    Ger