Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger

Article about: Dagger arrived today! Will get some photos posted ASAP

Default Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger

Hello gents,
    Again I ask your valued opinions on another SA dagger, this time it is an early Anton Wingen Jr. It looks good to me apart from the oxidation on the scabbard and slight dink in the back of the handle. All parts seem to fit well and look original.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger   Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger  

Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger   Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger  

Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger   Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on early Anton Wingen Jr. SA Dagger

Quote by radidas View Post
    Hello gents,
    Again I ask your valued opinions on another SA dagger, this time it is an early Anton Wingen Jr. It looks good to me apart from the oxidation on the scabbard and slight dink in the back of the handle. All parts seem to fit well and look original.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Hi Chris,

I agree all parts look genuine enough & fit together nicely,

The top nut has been damaged with pliers or something similar but thats no biggie,

Is this another bargain buy mate ?

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Scott,
    Hopefully another bargain buy! Will see what the guys say and would appreciate any opinions on value, cheers, Chris

?

A good original Chris , with good cross guard fits and a well set adler to a very nice grip , the blade looks above average with some cross graining still in place (from what i can see ) a nice conditioned scabbard with plenty of the anodized finish still in place , a pity about the top nut damage but all in all a nice piece .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Cheers Alan,
    I thought I could see some cross graining but it's hard to make any detail out from the photos. Think i'll have a pop at it!

Cheers, Chris

?

Well Chris,

i agree with the statements given above
    Nut has been handled with a wrench, the blade has lost some cross grain by polishing/cleaning.
    but still very collectable.
    Would you please post (in the next posts) a picture with the dagger in the scabbard?
    Then we can see the way its fits ( if dagger belongs to the scabbard ) not all throats and crossguard are the same......
    Second thing that can be checked this way is if the patina on the fittings of the scabbard and the crossguards are the same.

As far as i can see, this is a nice original early SA

Cheers Ger

Snug as a bug them crossguards Chris nice original dagger,

I would love to have one of this maker,,,top quality... at a quick glance sometimes when I see this logo .. the EP&S logo comes to mind,, because of the stance of the figure. Nice pick up congrats. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Chris, did you get this one?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Still working on it, Ade - Hopefully will know today but will be sure to keep you up to date

Cheers, Chris.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast