MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys

Article about: Opinions on this inscription please guys plus estimate of value if poss....many thanks

Default Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys

Opinions on this inscription please guys plus estimate of value if poss....many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys   Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys  

Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys   Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys
    P
    Many

A Presentation Dagger for the Occasion of "The first Groundbreaking of the SA Settlement Krefeld"..."SA Standarte 40"....This SA Standarte was indeed based in Krefeld, btw...
    Looking forward to the learned opinions of our Dagger Collectors...
    cheers, Glenn

Cheers glen .im also looking forward to results.....kev

All I can add is I believe the gruppe mark NS is correct for this maker and also within the Krefeld region which is positive. For me the dedication size and font seems unusual, as it's rather close in style to to the Ulles Fur Deutchland logo. I only say that as i would rather think the presenter would want the personalization to stand out against what the manufacturer would of done, otherwise it blends in. I will let others weigh in on as to how the inscription was actually made as I'm not certain. Best regards.

Brian

Hi Kevin if at all possible greater clarity and macro shots of the dedication will help greatly. I would like to see if this was laser etched which is easily done these days to hump up standard SA dagger blades. "Grey washing" seems to be the current tool of fakers these days to cover over any imperfections they may have caused during a re-etching of the blade.

I am not sure of this..but lets take 1 extra step and have clearer photos before making a determination. It does appear to have some pimpling in the dedication in a couple of areas...but also the photos are fuzzy. Better photos please

Just a precaution before giving it a full thumbs up !

The dagger itself appears to be a decent fit from top to bottom and the guards were heavily cleaned to a bright shine.

A separate observation.....
    the guards appear to be Thuringia produced which really may not mean anything ...but just an observation compared to the SA producer seen in this link " Melzer and feller" ..the accent grooves on the guards are the shallow type.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...feller-181940/

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Trying for better pics

Hope these help not easyOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guys

Hi Kevin...thanks for the extra pics .....to look at them straight away....they look good ..but upon the close up option on my end..the photos are not quite that clear...yet I am seeing traces of pimpling in the lettering ...and vague traces of acid etch in a few letters.

I can say from these slightly better photos ..but not totally clear.....Im optimistic of the dedications authenticity...and yes at this early hour I had my coffee so my eyes are open

Thats the best I can give upon the present clarity in the photos.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Took these in a better lightOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guysOpinions on SA Dagger.. please guys

Hi Kevin ..thank you for going the extra mile in providing clearer photos ...as far as I'm concerned ..the dedication exhibits what I have outlined above by request.

I see no issues with the dedication and the dagger as a whole. Nice find?

Regards Larry

Thanks Larry ..would you have value estimate...need to know if overpaid.....kev

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast