Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger

Article about: Hi Neo..yes it is authentic..and a rarer SA vertical hanger. These SA coffin hangers are more rare than the SS coffin hangers..there are not as many around. This one is a bit crusty in condi

Interesting and Great photo..thankyou Wim ...the snap clip is the non regulation type usually marked with criss crossing Xs on the back of the snap clip..these are common to see only as a personal repair..and are not regulated through the RZM...also interesting is from what I can see is the absence of the standard "D" Ring..but instead a circular ring for the snap clip to be attached too.

I would like to hear opinions from our Bayo guys about the Bayonet and know attached. Rare photo with rare replacement fittings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger
    P
    Many

Larry C: hope to hear something about the bayonet, better would be a note or announcement where such item was stated for the Stahlhelm-organization.
    I do own information from this organization from 1925 through 1935 in 25 portfolio's with an average of 4,000 copies. Believe me: nowhere is a bayonet included.
    Maybe he uses his army bayonet as a former Reichswehr-member. Kidding: maybe he was thinking "Franz" is wearing a dagger, I will show off with my bayonet!!

I know also the Crown Prince did it with his Stahlhelm-uniform with special Stahlhelm-occasions. So.....? See two images from 1933.

Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger

The occasion: a part from a page from a special photo-album:

Further another photo from Seldte wearing the SA-dagger at a Saa-area meeting.

Hello Wim..I copied 2 of the posts in the discussion above and moved them to the K98 forum for further review. Below is the link

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...5/#post1318127
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Wilhelm for this rare picture!
    We do have a section a bit more below:
    Period Edged Weapon Photo's
    it would be great if you post these pics there also, would be a nice addition!

Regards,
    Ger

Excellent stuff. Many thanks!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

For those who may ask themselves why Franz Seldte, the Stahlhelm Bundesführer, wears an SA-dagger:
    With the date Juy 26, 1933 he was promoted as SA-Obergruppenführer (published in Führerbefehl Nr. 16
    from August 1, 1933 as II Nr. 1411/33). He was the Reich Minister for Labour and shortly the Reichskommissar
    für den Freiwilligen Arbeitsdienst
    (taken over by Hierl).
    Simultaneously with his SA-Obergruppenführer promotion Seldte was assigned to the Stab des Obersten SA-Führers
    (the SA High-Command): unter Zuteilung zum Stabe des Obersten SA-Führers. This assignment was lifted with the date
    January 24, 1934 as when he was appointed as Chef des Wirtschaftsamtes.

Thankyou Wim for this information !! Did Franz Seldte hold any SA rank prior to January 1 1933 ??...I say this because of the possibility that Franz may have been given the highly Coveted SA "Christmas dagger" with the smaller Gothic font used on the Alles fur Deutchland Motto.

It is difficult to discern the detail in the enlarged image you provided.,,as there is a possibility the grip eagle exhibiting the enlarged Swaz wreath. Im just curious of his early SA Status. Regards Larry

a) can't make a better detail from the dagger. I do not have the photograph myself,
    but was reproduced many years ago in the Stahlhelm-archive, during one of my many visits there;
    b) I don't think Seldte earlier had an SA rank. In the course of 1933 negociations took place to
    incorporate the Stahlhelm-organization within the SA. This became a fact in about September 1933.

If I can find the time I will check my 1933 Stahlhelm-material, but that is quite much. I have various
    reports about the negociations and the incorporation. I cannot remember there was an earlier
    Führerbefehl, mentioning Seldte then the one from August 1933 (which I mentioned in an
    earlier post).

I had much more photographs from Seldte wearing the SA dagger. Due to moving to another home
    about 700-750 or even more (I can't remember anymore) negatives with Stahlhelm-material were missing.
    I intended to write a book about the Stahlhelm-organization, but could not proceed and I had not the time
    to go back to research all the material in the Stahlhelm-archive and do "the job again". Now it is over 25
    years ago! They never showed up again at the house of my photographer from those days.

?

Recently i came accross this vertical hanger, owner garanties originality
    I have never seen a clip like this.
    Regards Ger
    Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching HangerOrigins of the SA 3 pc Marching HangerOrigins of the SA 3 pc Marching HangerOrigins of the SA 3 pc Marching HangerOrigins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger

Nice Hanger Ger cool mlitaria. The snap clip itself..is non standard and not commonly seen,,yet there are later in the period examples..that these have appeared on. This one particular hanger is untouched..and the clip IMO Originally came with it. Looks like it is saddle leather. Nice Original example ,,which by the "37" appears to be mid period.
    This hanger would look nice up against a lighter wood grained grip.

Regards Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast