Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Partial rohm sa dagger

Article about: I have just offered this dagger your expert opinion please thank you gents

?

Default Partial rohm sa dagger

I have just offered this dagger
    your expert opinion please
    thank you gentsPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa daggerPartial rohm sa dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partial rohm sa dagger
    P
    Many

?

I will let one of the experts give you a yes or no but from the motto alone I wouldn't personally buy this one. The motto looks poor, look at the S in this one verse another alles, if you check lakesidetrader.com they have a lazy man Rohm by Anton Wingen for sale right now to compare.

I hate the use of flash photos on steel...the light bounces back into the lense giving false readings.

The logo placement I like seeing ..with the Wingen logo being close to the lower guard...this is correct.

I also feel the light can give a false image to the human eye..as member M.E.E. may have experienced with this photo.
    The SA gruppe mark " He' Hessen is correct for Rohm dedication daggers.

it also appears the blade had been over cleaned erasing any grind marks form the partial removal of the dedication.
    I would like to see if possible more light subtle photos..but Im quite positive of its authenticity.

The grip appears to be Early to Mid period type...Im not thrilled with the grain of the wood..but other minute details seem to place it correctly together.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I thought the dedications were etched but this one looks engraved to my eyes. I would also like so see some type of witness marks from the removal of the rest of the dedication. My opinion comes with minimal experience so please correct me if wrong.
    John

I tried to enhance the images (that IMO are not that useful for a serious evaluation) without much success. That said, I would not be that surprised to find out that the blade has been plated. Best Regards, Fred