Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Pet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger

Article about: I'm a little in awe of the wealth of knowledge here and I sure enjoy reading the posts and feel the pain when an expensive dagger turns out to be less than genuine. Naturally I hope this is

Default Pet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger

I'm a little in awe of the wealth of knowledge here and I sure enjoy reading the posts and feel the pain when an expensive dagger turns out to be less than genuine. Naturally I hope this is the real thing. It's not perfect, however I think it's the best one I have at the moment. Thank-you, I sure do enjoy this forum.Pet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Garth ..thanks for the photos...I can tell you ..your dagger is authentic from what i can see..but has been opened a multitude of times to anyones liking.
    The smear marks the tang nut sides show this quite well.

We dont see too many SA Krebs daggers but this one is no so seldom seen. The dagger shows usage and age especially the blade. Is there an SA gruppe mark anywhere on the lower crossguard?
    I think I see a marking on the far right side which would be marked with 2 small letters "Ho" for Hochland SA gruppe it was designated too. Yet "Ho" is not a destination for Peter Daniel Krebs daggers..but the possibility does exist

see this link on SA gruppe marks to known producers
    SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

This also may explain why the tang nut may have been opened and the crossguard replaced or affixed to complete this dagger as whole. Hard to say...but look to be so.

The dagger is Early period authentic..no doubt.

The SA runes button has a commonly seen chip in it ..and cold of happened anywhere in time.
    The dagger has seen its better days..but a Krebs SA is still a good one to start an SA collection with. The history is all there. A little rough with a few issues.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thank-you Larry, I do agree a little less than perfect, however as you state...honest history. Yes it does have the HO stamp. I should have shown that in the photos. I've enjoyed this dagger and will continue to do so.

?

Larry explained quite a bit about your dagger and its issues.
    As Larry stated the possibility is there that it have had some donorpart(s), either crossguard(s) or guards + grip.
    Normally the HO marking is on the backside, but its been opened as stated.
    I would like to see the dagger in its scabbard to see the overal fit guard to throat.
    If the fit would be good it could have had a donor blade only.
    I like the beautiful grip with the perfect inlayed eagle.

Best
    Ger

Default Fit to scabbard. SA blade.

This is the fit to scabbard. I've included the HO stamp. Thank-you.Pet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA daggerPet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger

?

Clear enough for me, fit is good enough for me.
    Either the Hochland gruppe has been supplied by Krebs or it has a swapped blade.
    The rest fits. ..
    Ger

Thanks Gerrit. I'm not tuned in enough to know about the blade itself. I certainly haven't taken it apart or anything like that. However it exudes a quality feel to it overall.

Hi I agree with Ger, with this pics we can see that the overall fit is good enough I see no issues . So this is a nice original dagger with a great makers mark and a very nice Grip.

Regards Raf

Thanks Raf, I appreciate your comment and your website is fantastic with great photos and information.