Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade

Article about: so I got a pretty nice one, but some say so sa makers used plated blades - and that mine was greatly-'polished' to remove some dark smudges, along with the grain. I figure the work to do thi

?

Default Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade

so I got a pretty nice one, but some say so sa makers used plated blades - and that mine was greatly-'polished' to remove some dark smudges, along with the grain. I figure the work to do this would also reduce or remove the motto darkening -- which to my eyes looks as normal; tho I know different makers' etches were lighter or darked.

also, fwiw but I used to own a very clean m33ss whose non-grain blade and fittings were bright nickel'd and which raised more than one eyebrow. wittmann said it was fine and put in in his book.

thoughts please! many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade   Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade
    P
    Many

?

make that 'NO sa makers used plated blades...'

Not a logo that i have ever seen that is supposed to resemble a crab..but more that of an insect.

the logo over the poorly conditioned blade stands out in black very much.
    below are 2 variants by Peter Daniel Krebs used with the " Crab or Lobster"...or what ever your hungry for

Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade

I would say someone took a beaten down SA dagger and added this logo...yet after further review ..that Krebs had an Insect type logo but not with their company name attached to it.

Could you supply a few macro shots ( close ups ) of the logo to see if it is acid etched ? That may help solve some mystery.
    Other than that..the SA Gruppe mark " Nrh " ( Niederhein ) is correct for this producer

Some plus and minuses for now..but will find the truth out through other thoughts and comments. I will dig into this further also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many more photos posted in this thread on WAF.
    Pet.dan.krebs sa plated blade - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

thanks, ralph! here re larry are pix of the mark in 'macro'
    Attached Images Attached Images Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade  Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade  Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade  Pet.dan. Krebs sa - plated blade 

?

so - stamped then blackened? and is this mark 'newly-discovered' or just new?

?

so I guess I'll just sell off the parts of this messed-with dagger. too bad...

I suggest you be patient and wait for other opinions.
    Not everyone is on here all of the time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

excellent point, ralph, tho I'm none too thrilled so far. even if not a total 'frankenstein,' a pile o'parts is what it is, let's face it. the stunning wkc/rzm SA I just got in is, otoh, a happier story. cheers.

The consensus on the WAF thread leans toward this logo being authentic. ( Thankyou Ralph for the link ) ..as far as it being plated..I say no it is not ..just worn and greying showing signs of micro pitting. All period SA and SS blades were finished on a fine grind wheel.

The logo appears to have been acid etched. I would like to delve into what the late Anthony Carter has to say in his reference..and hopeful someone has a copy at hand as Im currently away.

I have found a related thread showing another example of the same logo type here within the forum

Pet. Dan. Krebs SA dagger

The scabbard also I agree with the consensus does not belong..and anyone at anytime can add a scabbard onto an SA dagger...but scabbards are somewhat irrelevant to the authentication of the dagger itself ....... sometimes.

The dagger only apart form the scabbard IMO..is all early and correct !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast