MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pre war SA Dagger?

Article about: Stop bullying me!!...and putting evil thoughts in my head

Default Re: Pre war SA Dagger?

Stop bullying me!!...and putting evil thoughts in my head
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre war SA Dagger? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre war SA Dagger?
    P
    Many

Lol.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Although its a rare maker, and its a early nickel one, i think the dagger has more issues that would concern me to much to buy it.
    The scabbard has had a bad repaint, nothing left of the anodized finish.
    Whats even worse, its been sharpened and retipped!
    That would seriously take down the price by 50%.
    I would rather have a common Sarr 3 or 4 dagger in mint condition with a great blade, then a scarer one in a condition like this.....but Hé thats just me....

cheers Ger

Good eyes Gerrit!! I was distracted by the early maker. Taking a closer look at the scabbard I agree it is a repaint,, and the blade tip is blunted. Those who are the "type collectors" would not mind a rarity as this dagger. But also agreeably the value has come down as a mismatched dagger. "Depending upon the individual".. and necessity of the collector...an early SA junk dagger with a half decent anodized scabbard,, could be matched to this dagger also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Whats even worse, its been sharpened and retipped!
    What should the the actual blade length be? It has been slightly sharpened on one side of the tip,I can feel it

Quote by gerrit View Post
    The scabbard has had a bad repaint
    From what I read, this dagger was issued in Westmark...which means its scabbard should have been painted black or replaced. There is a little chip in the paint that shows it to be quite thick,with a black coat underneath.

Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?

This dagger is not mint,it was worn and used and the repaint I think had to of been done during the war years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2