Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Puma SA Dienstdolch

Article about: I don't very often post in this part of the forum but I have a few daggers which I will share as time permits. First up and also my first ever dagger is my SA made by M7/27 - Pumawerk (Laute

Default re: Puma SA Dienstdolch

very nice dagger adrian its a beut thanks for sharing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Cheers Siegfried, not being well up on daggers, how can you tell it's a late one?
    Hi Adrian,,Any dagger with an RZM code only is about the year 1940 and after. As Mid period transitionals, ) 1935-40 will have the maker logo and the Rzm code. Without going into great detail ,, the use of metals between the early period and the late period, here is a great divide in quality as the later period examples used silver plated on top of a poorer quality metal. What you see in the later examples especially in the cross guard area is "lifting and picking" The earlier crossguards dont show this as solid nickel silver was used. I will post a few pics of my WKC early SA later on as i am at work right now. Later Rzm examples will show a great difference in crossgrain compared to the early ones. Scabbards on late examples will be painted and not anodized which the latter are more desirable being from the "Kampfzeit period. ( Hitlers struggle and climb to power). The hanger and snap clip will be RZM marked most of the time. When there as a shortage of parts during the war years,, dagger makers often went into old inventory and put on some early to mid period hanger parts,, so it is common to see,,, but not so much of it. Your example has an early style grip eagle "Nickel" as later RZM eagles are aluminum. The grip itself IMO looks to be early. Ralf Siegert has a great SA book on SA and NSKK daggers, which will show you mor than what i can say as a picture is worth a thousand words. It is rare to see a Late example as yours to be in such great condition, because of the materials and time gone by has no mercy on its overall appeal,,, yours was well kept and probably in someones sock drawer. Great Late example. Best regards and Cheers to you,, Larry

nice dagger and a great maker who still produce fine knives to this day, ,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thank you to all for your replies and for the additional information and link provided. Some good info there and something new learnt too!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A very nice SA dagger Adrian!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Adrian, a very nice conditioned RZM SA dagger by Puma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2