Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.

Article about: Please could someone tell me where EP&S daggers come on the rarity lists?

Default re: Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.

Scout, what you have is as close to "textbook" as one may get. That is a very nice dagger from the main producer. I really think it's a pleasure to see one like that.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Scout, what you have is as close to "textbook" as one may get. That is a very nice dagger from the main producer. I really think it's a pleasure to see one like that.

Mark
    Thank you very much.

matej
    ?

Hi guys,

can you please somebody send me McSarr list? I havent heard anything about that. I am also very interested in rarity of sa dagger makers. Thanks.

M.

Welcome to the forum!

This list is not free. I have Mike's contact details, who made the list, but they are from from 2009.

Please see here for a similar product:

Nakida Trading - SA Rarity List

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Like Ade say's there is an updated list available now and a few dagggers have been re categorised, on the new list scout the dagger you show (and very nice it is ) is now a 9 there are a few other but i think best bet is buying the new (and final) list
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thanks Ronnie
    Very interesting - please elaborate!
    A 9 on a scale in regards to condition, rarity or something different?
    I thought the list was just about manufacturers and the numbers in which daggers were made (and maybe how rare they were, but as mine is from one of the high-output manufacturers, that doesnt quite compute).

Scout the list is on rarity BUT! there is not a lot of difference between 9 and10 as it says on the list, comparing between 4&5, because of the nature of the manufacturing companies.
    QUOTE "the list is top heavy, with catagory1(2 makers alone producing almost 25% of all early SA's, yet levels 8,9,10 contain 116 makers, 54%of the total213 makers, but only produce about 15% of early SA's.
    Catagories 1-5 contain only 39 makers, 18% of the total makers but produced about 67% of the daggers.
    hope this helps cheers Ronnie

I could not agree more Ronnie very well put! That is probably one of the main reasons for most SA collectors that they desire the 9s and 10s because of the less produced and mainly the workmanship that comes from the smaller makers. Once an item is massed produced, it loses its "personal touch" as they say. Although in the top five categories are very desirable also and the craftmanship is there also. The cottage makers have always drawn me because of the "hand craftmanship" when the final touches were applied. Regards Larry

?

i agree, as a ref. , mine is rare because only 1,000 were made by the maker .I've only seen one other , ever and it was on WAF

Default Re: Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.

Hi All,

Apologies in advance for the low quality photos. It seems I have the same maker as Dean has posted. It was purchased along with a number of other original items and no problems with it as far as I can see but daggers are not my collecting focus. I don't think it's a "parts" dagger as the "P" on the crossguard matches with the Hartkopf maker's mark. Can someone please inform me what district the "P" denotes? It's hard to see in these photos from my phone but while the motto is not dark, and the blade not perfect, I can still see the cross grain. I believe this is also the correct/original scabbard pairing as it is early anodized aluminum and not painted.

Given the rarity scale rating of 9/10 or 10/10 rating and what can be said from these photos, can anyone estimate the $ value? I may keep this piece with some SA items but just want to know what it's worth and what's a fair price if I do end up selling it.

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.   Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.  

Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.   Rarity list for SA Dienstdolch makers.  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast