Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Real SA Dagger?

Article about: Hi there. I wanted to get some info on this dagger Hitler Youth Knife - Album on Imgur I want to know if it is real or not because im not too familiar with RZM marks This is not my post, but

Default Real SA Dagger?

Hi there. I wanted to get some info on this dagger
    Hitler Youth Knife - Album on Imgur

I want to know if it is real or not because im not too familiar with RZM marks

This is not my post, but someone else's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real SA Dagger?
    P
    Many

Looks like it may be a so-called 'parts dagger', as indicated by the large gaps between the crossguard and the bottom of the handle. Made from original parts, but salvaged from a number of different daggers.

Also, you'll want to upload photos directly to the forum. It keeps the thread relevant, and allows others to use it as a reference well into the future: Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Real SA Dagger?Real SA Dagger?Real SA Dagger?Real SA Dagger?Real SA Dagger?

Regards, B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Looks like it may be a so-called 'parts dagger', as indicated by the large gaps between the crossguard and the bottom of the handle. Made from original parts, but salvaged from a number of different daggers.

Regards, B.B.
    If this was a early SA I would say yes it was parts but being a RMZ the handle doesn't look to out of place. The RZM handles were not hand fitted like early models were and it wasn't uncommon to have gapping, and overhang on handles since most companies would grab one that was close to size and put it in. RZM M7/68 NSKK Dagger 1941 | Lakesidetrader is a perfect example of a RMZ with major gapping. This os one of the reasons RZM don't command as much money, the build quality is just not as good.

One of the later period SAs that anything happened during assembly. I would expect a better fit with the grip especially coming from Eickhorn. The Rest of the dagger appears to be time period consistent.

Thankyou Brodie for uploading these photos

@ Tom ...its very important that no links to dealers and 3rd party photo hosting sites are used ..or all photos will be lost at any given time without your knowledge. The thread becomes dead and useless. Please use the link provided by Brodie.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill