Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsgau S, any thoughts?

Article about: Hi Guys, As my quest for a SA dagger is not fulfilled, my eye caught this one at Wittmanns. Maybe you recognize the picture The reichsgau mark on the crossguard is S, but i can hardly find a

Default Reichsgau S, any thoughts?

Hi Guys,
    As my quest for a SA dagger is not fulfilled, my eye caught this one at Wittmanns. Maybe you recognize the picture

The reichsgau mark on the crossguard is S, but i can hardly find any information about that. Any thoughts which gau this is?

And considering buying this dagger, what would be a good price? I have some experience on HJ daggers, looking at Wittmans prices for those I would say he's a bit expensive, but for SA daggers I dont really know. What do you guys think?

Wittmann Militaria #35258 Early SA Ground Roehm Dagger by Carl Eickhorn

Reichsgau S, any thoughts?Reichsgau S, any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsgau S, any thoughts?
    P
    Many

The dagger is correct including the SA Gruppe "S" for Silesia ..here is the rest of the information which is pinned at the top of the forum about SA gruppe marks. Scroll down and you will find Eickhorn...scroll down further you will see a pie chart on percentages of the amount of varied gruppe marks used..and also a topical map of the locations of each SA Gruppe district. Regards Larry

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

I wont comment on Tom Wittmanns Pricing as every dealer sets their own standard and is up to the buyer to decide between quality and condition between other dealers.
    Its called smart shopping..even in this hobby the same as going to a department store or supermarket...one needs to compare price and value. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for that thread Larry, didnt know it was called Gruppe marks, very useful!

Nice dagger! I like the tiger stripe grip and the fact it's a ground Rohm...BUT...that blade condition is poor. If you can overlook that greying (which I don't believe can be polished out) then the price is probably ballpark-ish IMO. As Larry says, it's really up to the buyer to decide if it's good for them or not.

If you like it, maybe make an offer? The dealer can only say no.

I don't know if I would consider that true tiger striping, more than simple staining from handling. The condition of the blade looks to indicate a rough life for this one. The grip has, in any case, been varnished-you can see it on the eagle. Nothing that I would spend 1200 bucks for.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would pass on this one.
    William nailed it!
    Eickhorn did not varnish their grips, so that is not the way it left the plant, other then that the blade condition is very poor.
    And that is what we collect: Blades!
    I wouldnt even consider to pay 50% of the 1200 asked.
    For 1200 dollar i expect a total mint blade attachted to a otherwise flawless grip and scabbard.

Cheers
    Ger

Yes the grip was varnished, it says so on Wittmanns website. Really a shame. But I do like the very rough/clumsy grinding of the Rohm text. I prefer that over a factory grind and I haven't see it often. But for the rest you are right, the blade is not really in great condition so thats why i was asking for your opinion on the price. Thanks you all!

Frank, I think the price is abit higher as this type is called a partial rohm. OK its nearly unreadable, but its still classed as a partial because its partial.
    An erased rohm would be worth far less.

Send him an email see what he says!
    I email Tom regarding things that he isn't even selling and he always find the to answer me. Ok its a few days sometimes but hey no problem. Toms a good guy, a friend of the hobby so I have a lot of time for him.

looks to have a sale on at moment at 10% so price isn't that far out really.

good luck with the decision, matty

Hi Frank dagger is ok but I would not go for this one . for that price you can find a much better dagger.
    My father always says. expensive daggers are always there wait for the right dagger for the right price.
    patience brings you to what you have in mind.

Regards Rafael