Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reversed motto as dagger

Article about: Looking to purchase a reversed motto SA dagger,it reads from crossguard down the blade,it’s maker mark is m7/72/39 Any info as to why the the alles fur Deutschland reads in opposite directio

Default Reversed motto as dagger

Looking to purchase a reversed motto SA dagger,it reads from crossguard down the blade,it’s maker mark is m7/72/39
    Any info as to why the the alles fur Deutschland reads in opposite direction
    Would be welcome..thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reversed motto as dagger
    P
    Many

Default Sa dagger

Reverse motto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reversed motto as dagger  

Hello
    The maker is Karl Robert Kaldenbach, and even as a rzm piece considered rare!
    Can not help you with the reversed motto!
    Maybe wait and see what Larry has to say about it..
    But more and better pictutes will be needed.

?

Well only 1 picture, thats not enough.
    All what is see is typical for a late rzm, the high ridge blade, all fits.
    strange that this one slipped the rzm controles...
    the hangers clip is a replaced one.

Ger

The Sorry Gents ..you will not get more photos than just this one...this dagger as seen on Pg 92 of Ralf Siegerts SA dagger reference only stipulates ..that the motto is reversed with no details on why..but mainly addresses the black paint beneath the brown paint on the scabbard.

I also agree with Ger as this may have either slipped through QC ...or the blade deemed a reject mistake made and parted together at the end of the war.
    Oddly when the blade is drawn out on this example ..the motto would read right side up verses upside down worn on the standard right side of the SA trooper.

Doodah..are you purchasing this dagger from the owner whose name I will not repeat as it is not seen in the photo and is posted on that page?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This photo was for reference only,I have not seen the dagger yet ,I’m viewing on Thursday,my question is why would the motto be in reverse,I’m pretty well up on construction
    Of rzm daggers .
    Was there a reason for the reversal of the motto ,ie left handed or just a production mistake..

I’m purchasing the dagger in the uk and it’s not the one shown..

IMO production template mistake...other thoughts may differ ..but still period and collectable in its own right.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If condition is good and all fits together as it should ,ie it doesn’t look like a parts dagger would it’s value be same as correct dagger ?

That is what is to be expected if it fits well together.

More photos of course would be preferred with a few more eyes to view it here would greatly help you ..to make sure it does fit well....which it appears so in that one photo.

Best Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast