Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rohm dagger Kober Suhl, real or fake

Article about: I have attached images of Kober Suhl Rohm dagger. It appears cleaned[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH] Is it real or fake?

Quote by K3PIO View Post
    Larry, I looked at your posting from the past. I agree with what you are saying. I am walking away :-)

Thanks to Mac and Larry.
    I agree the dagger is garbage.
    Im not surprised or upset..but this is what is happening today with the standards of the Microwave society or ( Entitlement Generation )....they say a liberal will curse you to your face when cornered or when you have won an argument against them. In this case ...just another troller or "roach " ..that just made their exit easier.

Try to teach someone ..by getting them to stand on their own hind feeble legs on their own and the pain of laziness lashes out trying to cover their own faults of failure.

Sorry K3 or little boy ..I think you need to grow a set of nads and calling me to account ..you are really saying it about yourself.
    What a shame

Have a safe journey
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm dagger Kober Suhl, real or fake
    P
    Many

"One last question -> Is the blade real or fake? "

Odd question to ask when you are "walking away" and agree it's garbage. In fact all of the threads started by K3 are odd or dubious daggers.

?

Sad to see what happened here...

First of all, applause to Larry... I agree that better than giving a quick answer is guiding the newbie or say less expertised to the solution by indicating where he has to put his attention.

Again... thanks for your patience Larry... I hope guys who really want to learn don't pay because of the attitude of madmen like this one example here....

Hope he's already banned.

Kind regards,

Marc

It is quite possible he was the troller and failed craftsman trying to authentic his handy work ..as a last ditch effort and possible try to resell it because we may have agreed so "IF" the blade was real. He exposed himself with his Child like attack.

Ok Moving on........is there any more thoughts that anyone wants to take a shot at adding to what is already wrong with this dagger as I had stated in post #2 ? ...If not, I will add into it what else is seen.

How about the logo itself?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The depth of the engravings are all wrong to begin with, not sure if it is the lighting but the logo almost looks double stamped around the head and then there is the almost lack of the date and gegr why would the logo be ridiculously deep while virtually missing parts of the logo. Also missing the . after Co and the & is all weird and that is just the logo... this might pass a quick look but if you spend a minute it is obvious.

?

I thing... there's nothing ok in this trade mark...

Typo is incorrect, it's also too "fat" and deep. Looks also artificially darkened (when both the Röhm inscription and the motto have lost all their original back darkening)... The left front leg of the horse (the rising one) is... doubled? and the horse looks like... "mirrored" under the line where we shoud read GEGR. 1874.

Master... am I close?

Cheers,

Marc

LOL..Thanks for the flowers but a Master I am not...but only a servant to history and hobby.

Yes those 2 photos show a great difference. I can think of only one Thuringia producer who stamped their logo on the blade and who would be Gebr Heller. from Marianthal ..seen below...all the rest were acid etched Early SA daggers.

Below are 4 logos used by the Heller firm
    The first one was from the main family Georg Heller in Schmalkalden and the last 3 logos were from the Hellers sons in Marainthal ,,both establishments based in Thuringia.

Rohm dagger Kober Suhl, real or fake
    GDC Photo credit

The 4th photo is a stamped basic word logo.

Wilhelm Kober produced IMO pieces of art work when producing daggers ,,and nothing short of excellence and detail. A stamped early Kober dagger is absurd.

The scabbard is either late or Im leaning on a cheap copy with the use of Fabricated anodizing seen on Chinese / Spanish copies.
    The Kober dagger in the first post which I do thank K3 for providing many photos that really closed the door more quickly on it.
    A very Poor attempt in replicating an Early SA dagger. No matter how hard they try..you cant reproduce a classic..it will never be the same.

The attack on later SA and SS daggers are easy prey for those nimble minded scammers. The materials used on later verses early are easier to manipulate and create a fake. Cloning doesnt work.

Regards Larry

On a more technical note...I am still surprised about the tried bashing of Larry - the blade looks like it was done by a child. I agree with Marc, horrible "engraving" and kind of dirty. Famous last words - this formum gets help and sometimes opinions. If you don't like what you read...walk off into dawn, Buddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2