Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SA Dagger 1937

Article about: This dagger was given to me around 1956-57 by a US Army officer. I have done some research on this website have not seen one with the same engraving on the scabbard. I was wondering what com

?

Quote by Warrior View Post
    You signed up, pretending to be an engraving expert, now you also write, so give me an example of how you think that engraving is good and that was bad? Or maybe you have one example of engraving like this one and that's why you think all others are bad but like this is ok?
    Warrior if you read back my reply then you see i nowhere claimed to be an expert.
    I made a statement regarding the executing of the engraving, as i have seen dozens over the years.
    Lots of them on SA daggers, many of them certainly not period, some for sure period.
    Without provenance its hard to say when an engraving has been put on a dagger, as many jewelers are good engravers now a days.
    All you can do is make a comment if its done well or not, morelike saying if its stands a change to be period.

When an artefact is posted here all kind of replies can be expected, good or worse…. if you cant stand the heat dont post.

Other then that i dislike your aggresive tone towards me, i prefer you ask me in a normal way, no need to be aggresive or rude.
    I'm Always open for discussions and i sign my replies with my name, i never hide behind an alias.

Regards
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger 1937
    P
    Many

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Warrior if you read back my reply then you see i nowhere claimed to be an expert.
    I made a statement regarding the executing of the engraving, as i have seen dozens over the years.
    Lots of them on SA daggers, many of them certainly not period, some for sure period.
    Without provenance its hard to say when an engraving has been put on a dagger, as many jewelers are good engravers now a days.
    All you can do is make a comment if its done well or not, morelike saying if its stands a change to be period.

When an artefact is posted here all kind of replies can be expected, good or worse…. if you cant stand the heat dont post.

Other then that i dislike your aggresive tone towards me, i prefer you ask me in a normal way, no need to be aggresive or rude.
    I'm Always open for discussions and i sign my replies with my name, i never hide behind an alias.

Regards
    Ger
    He has been observing your statements for a year, namely since you started speaking in my post regarding engraving. Then you stated that the quotation ,, will no futher reply as you will not convince me with a lot of smoke and no real fire, unless you come will solid period proof. '' So here I am asking the same. It is not my statements that are aggressive and it was not me who attacked you but you me in another post. Since you have seen so many of these daggers and have so much knowledge, it seems to me that you can document and confirm with the wearing of this sword from the war period, because as you say engraving is good, so present photos from the period. Regarding the dagger I inserted, I got positive information from R. Siegert, T. Wittmann, and several other dagger experts that he is good, and no one questioned the engraving. I also got a message from a man who writes a book about engraving daggers with a desire to buy, unfortunately I am not its owner. I also saw a very identical dagger that was sold in a reputable German auction house with quite a lot of money. Regarding the dagger in this post, I also think it is original.
    And nobody here attacks you Ger. Asks questions like everyone else. But it turns out that you can ask my person and I can't ask yours because you think he is attacking you and I'm aggressive.

Keep it Civil Gents
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3