Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger

Article about: Third dagger for today from Crete is this well worn SA dagger... What are your opinions gents?

Default SA dagger

Third dagger for today from Crete is this well worn SA dagger... What are your opinions gents?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger   SA dagger  

SA dagger   SA dagger  

SA dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger
    P
    Many

Looks good but the grip looks repaired, and the crossguards are later than that blade I think.

?

Soon blade ground Rohm, JP Sauer & Sohn, but crossguards late period, I think that the dagger consist of more daggers
    My first opinion here, please do not stone me if I'm wrong.

Lupus I agree the cross guards are plated, I don't think they belong with this blade, Just my opinion.

Yes gentlemen..I agree also with everyones observations...parts dagger for sure! Good eyes!! Take special note of the grip as it looks like to me that it was split in half and then repaired....anyone else see the fault lines on both sides of the grip? I am more amazed that this was found in Crete...makes me wonder what the SA was doing down there or maybe this dagger has traveled there over the last 70 yrs? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow...I don't believe that this would even make a decent letter opener....
    For what it's worth, it Had once(well,some of it,anyway) been made by J P Sauer & Sohn, Suhl...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Is this a good ground rohm? Seems strange only one side of the makers mark is gone.

?

That is a total parts dagger.
    the grip is not Sauer made, it lacks the sharp ridges below the Sa rune.
    The eagle is not the flat head type that Sauer normally used.
    This dagger is as horrible as all the other Antique stuff you showed here the last weeks

Runnnnnnnn

Ger

Ok guys! I listed your worries and i'm gonna stay away from that store. That dagger wasn't found in Crete... It was only being sold there in an antique store!