Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger

Article about: Hi All , I have just picked up this SA dagger which is apparently a very rare maker CARL SCHMIDT. Your thoughts would be most welcome. Regards Annoyed from this ads?  

Default SA Dagger

Hi All , I have just picked up this SA dagger which is apparently a very rare maker CARL SCHMIDT. Your thoughts would be most welcome. Regards

SA DaggerSA DaggerSA DaggerSA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me. I own one by this maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, No doubt its a real dagger does the rarity make it a better/ more a valuable piece I am told it's a 9/10 on the rarity scale, but the price was quite modest

To a hard core SA collector, I guess the value would increase a bit compared to a more common maker. The only thing holding it back is the condition of the blade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

great answer Ade.

Well done Harry!
    Last edited by scottmadoo; 10-02-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Hi Scott..the producer is a common one being around a "4" but yet..even some of these common makers are getting hard to find..leaving them to be a bit more rarer than when first observed. Regardless of Condition..you still have a piece of early history....collect it for the time period..and not just the item...you can always upgrade later..and use it as a down payment..for a future better conditioned one.

Ade is correct for the type collector..condition is everything. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Scott,

a genuine Schmidt in average condition.
    I agree with you that Carl Schmidt is a 9 on the list, as every Schmidt is a 9 or a 10 ( Sorry Larry )
    But what is much more important for a Collector is the condition of the blade, as blades are what we collect!
    A rare 10 with a blade like yours will be cheap, as you noticed yourself.
    A more common 4 like for example this Herder A.S. with a gorgeous blade like is a complete other bal game, collectors pay for quality:
    Early SA Dienstdolch by F. Herder A.S. a Minty textbook example
    I also added a picture of the Schmidt on the Ralf Siegert list
    Regards,
    Ger
    SA Dagger

Frequency in sightings were observed as 10/1000 daggers in Fishers reference and McSaar as compared to Ralf Siegerts 1/1000. Its a matter of opinion and the authors sightings..which..there tend to be more of this producer on this side of the river..than what was left over in Europe after the war from trophy hunters. No apologies necessary Ger Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I agree larry, there is a significant differance between Europe & The States looking at rarety lists.
    I think that those lists are hardly relevant in today's market anyway
    I have seen that mint examples of any maker nowadays are harder to find then just 5 years ago, its rapidly changing.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast