Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA dagger

Article about: Hi, could you please give me your views about this dagger, thanks, Juan

Quote by jamoros View Post
    .... in the future I will ask you guys before hand I venture to buy a new SA dagger, thanks, Juan
    Hi Jamoros...yes those are words of wisdom..which can be your greatest insurance policy protecting you against repro..or a parted dagger. Enjoy a stroll through the SA forum..and read through some the threads here and see the differences in what Gerrit has pointed out..and also some of his Daggers themselves being of this period vintage. Take the time to study which will benefit you greatly in the future..and would rather have you rely on the education you received here. Your questions will always be welcome for the more difficult concerns that may leave you second guessing. Thats why we are here...but also to help teach the collector to help themselves.
    Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger
    P
    Many

Thanks Larry, I will send you some pictures later on today with the measurements

Default More pictures with measurement

Hi, I attach more pictures with measurements, let me know if you need more info, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger   SA dagger  

SA dagger   SA dagger  

Default more pictures

Regards, Juan

Hi regarding the marking RZM 7/80 39, does this make any sense at all?, how can I get info about this?, appreciate your comments

Hi Jamoros..since you now have it apart... is there any markings on the tang. If so take a pic. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry, I do not have it with me at the moment, I ll be back my home on Monday and check it out, but on top of my head, I cannot recall seeing any marking, why is that?

Hi Larry, I think tomorrow I will be able to send you the pictures you asked for, thanks really for all your help and good advice, regards, Juan

Default Tang Pictures

Hi Larry, please find pics attached of the tang. I hope these help, look forward to hearing from you, regards, Juan

SA dagger   SA dagger  

Thankyou Jamoros..for the few extra photos ..I dont know what happened to the tang being bent like that..but clearly it shows the billet clamp marks on the side of the tang. In regards to the blade..i see no issues with it..but in regards to what had been mentioned above..hard to say if this was parted together recently or period done. My concern only was the blade. Thanks again for the photos. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast