Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger

Article about: Hello I need to advise whether this blade is original thank you

?

Default SA dagger

Hello I need to advise whether this blade is original thank youSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA daggerSA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger
    P
    Many

Looks like the early & very rare 1st type Sa Dagger motto font ,pre 34 I believe (called in collectors circles the Christmas dagger). Certainly by one of the correct makers, I will let others opine as to its originality .Regards, Paul

Laser etched Motto...dagger is ruined.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I might be wrong but I thought that all the christmas blades had the early eagle and they were not Gau marked since they were only issued December 1933 and the standard blade was finalized February 1934. The motto on this also looks a lot different than other Pack Christmas blades I have found online including many letter differences. Looks nice but I am very doubtful of this blade.

The 2nd production of these Christmas dedication blades had the small eagle changed to the national eagle emblem. Only a short production run of these have been found in collections today which if this example were authentic..the price range would be that of a full Rohm inscription.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The 2nd production of these Christmas dedication blades had the small eagle changed to the national eagle emblem. Only a short production run of these have been found in collections today which if this example were authentic..the price range would be that of a full Rohm inscription.
    Cool thank you for the information Larry, how about GAU markings? I know the 1st pattern eagle ones did not, did the standard pattern christmas blades?

This Early Dedication font pattern when the SA dagger was first introduced were given out as Christmas gifts to High ranking SA leaders and other personality types.
    IMO when the production began in January 1934 a small run of these were produced first before transitioning over to the commonly large seen font type and I am not sure if any were SA Gruppe marked..as these are as rare as the initial short eagle type.

Regards Larry