Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger

Article about: I our an SA Dagger that my Uncle brought back. I am trying to identify it origin. The maker mark is a circle with the words AESCULAP and TUTTLINGEN around the circle. Inside the circle appea

Toms
    ?

Default SA Dagger

I our an SA Dagger that my Uncle brought back. I am trying to identify it origin. The maker mark is a circle with the words AESCULAP and TUTTLINGEN around the circle. Inside the circle appears to be a flagpole with a snake wrapped around it. There is a crown on top of the flag pole. There is an "SW" stamped on the crossguard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom S

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: SA Dagger

Aesculap is an interesting company. Although it is only one of over 200 producers of SA daggers it is one of the few that still is in business today. As during the 3rd Reich it's main source of income was in quality surgical tools, which it still produces today.
    The dagger itself is rated as a common dagger. However it was a known producer of "Rohm dedication" daggers. Which would have an inscription on the back side of the blade. These are considered scarce and in High Demand. However
    the usual Aesculap dagger is common. They are known as one of the few companies that varnished their grips so you will find them that way and they will look dark in color.

Value will depend on condition. If you can post a few clear detailed photos we will be glad to tell you our opinions of value. However don't get excited unless it's a full Rohm you are looking at under a thousand dollars in any case.

Hope this helps.

-wagner-

Toms
    ?

Quote by wagner View Post
    Aesculap is an interesting company. Although it is only one of over 200 producers of SA daggers it is one of the few that still is in business today. As during the 3rd Reich it's main source of income was in quality surgical tools, which it still produces today.
    The dagger itself is rated as a common dagger. However it was a known producer of "Rohm dedication" daggers. Which would have an inscription on the back side of the blade. These are considered scarce and in High Demand. However
    the usual Aesculap dagger is common. They are known as one of the few companies that varnished their grips so you will find them that way and they will look dark in color.

Value will depend on condition. If you can post a few clear detailed photos we will be glad to tell you our opinions of value. However don't get excited unless it's a full Rohm you are looking at under a thousand dollars in any case.

Hope this helps.

-wagner-
    Thanks for your help Ton S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

?

Ok Toms,
    This is the standard Aesculap dagger in above average condition. It shows that
    it has taken a hard hit on the "scabbard ball" which crushed it. The blade looks decent so does the grip. The scabbard anodized finish is wearing a bit thin but shows no other detractions. All the scabbard screws appear to be present. It is also complete with it's well worn original leather hanger.

Value...IMO...if it were marketed today would be between $600. and $750.

-wagner-

Toms
    ?

Wagner

Thanks for your input. I am going to research the manufacture a bit more and give the dagger to my grandson. I want to pass on as much information as I can to him.

Regards

Tom S

Very nice .... just love the SA´s of Aesculap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger  

?

I should say the Aesculap "used" to be a common maker ...until Ivbaust starting collecting them!

Nice stack there my friend.

-wagner-

Yeah, Wagner, you got it

My strategy is to purchase all available Aesculap daggers. As soon as I have all in my collection, this maker will become super rare and the first McSarr 11

Then I´m starting to sell off slowly my collection ... and become a rich person

Sezen
    ?

I work for Aesculap. Now it is a division of B. Braun Company. No longer producing weapons. Only best quality Surgical and Medical equipments.