Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger August Merten Ww

Article about: Gentlemen, Please you opinion about this SA Dagger from August Merten Ww. Quality is poor, but what triggers me is the lower cross guard, on the internet nor in the books I saw an example wi

?

Default SA dagger August Merten Ww

Gentlemen,

Please you opinion about this SA Dagger from August Merten Ww.

Quality is poor, but what triggers me is the lower cross guard, on the internet nor in the books I saw an example with the small 'chamber' at the bottom of the cross guard where the blade falls 'in'.

Have you seen examples of this type of cross guard?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Twan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger August Merten Ww   SA dagger August Merten Ww  

SA dagger August Merten Ww   SA dagger August Merten Ww  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger August Merten Ww
    P
    Many

Hi Twan: Now I understand what you mean with te blade chamber in the lower crossguard. Yes I have seen it before but not often.
    I don,t like to see daggers photographed in parts only that is a no go for me.
    All the parts are original IMO and it looks like it is a ground Rohm blade in poor condition.

Regards Rafael
    Last edited by RafaelDaggers; 10-11-2016 at 01:28 AM.

Very important pic to go with this dagger. I asked the seller if there is anything left of the name it self, but could not get a clear answer.
    grip is very nice but the blade is poor condition.

Hi Twan ...as Rafael said. Not commonly seen..but seen in varied producers. The recessed area is to reduce and gaps seen when the blade shoulders fit beneath the crisdguard. Its quite creative and works very well removing any possible gaps.

Put it back together and examine closely how the mechanics of it works. It is aesthetically pleasing IMO .

These guards are outside produced from a sub contractor and are used by other producers. Currently I'm away in vaca.... And I dont have access to my casters list.

August Merten is a very common producer ..but made solid SA examples

Original and period

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill