MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: I recently bought this beautiful SA dagger by Carl Eickhorn and I thought I share some pictures with you. The blade still has all the crossgrain present and the scabbard is fully anodised. A

?

Very nice full rig example of a factory ground Rohm honor dagger. Congrats !

-wagner-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Hmmm that is a question to be asked.....hey Danny due to the angle of the photo is the logo the smaller version used on Rohm daggers..or is it the large version....a side view angle to that degree will show the logo closer to the crossguard. other than that I can not detect a wave on the blade spine. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanx for the nice comments everyone I personally don't think this is a ground Rohm dagger. I've seen a few ground Rohm daggers and even daggers that were factory grounded didn't have the perfect crossgrain that this one has. But I'm no expert on SA's so I would like to hear some opinions of other forum members. Here are some extra pictures of the blade.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger by Eickhorn   SA dagger by Eickhorn  

SA dagger by Eickhorn   SA dagger by Eickhorn  

?

A sweet looking example Danny , it's interesting to see how far off centre the mm lies or is this a common trait with these SA's .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Danny, It's a Rohm blade. This version, which is the most common encountered with the small logo, was only used on blade dedications which mostly placed for the Rohm dedication. To balance the dedication with the correct spacing the smaller logo was created and placed near the crossguard. Besides that, if you look at the Motto on your dagger you will find that it is located higher or away from the crossguard when compared to standard motto location on the blade obverse. That was done to balance the Rohm dedication on the reverse. Then there is the numbered crossguard bench stamp, but we will leave that for now and stick with the blade.
    So this particular blade was picked out to be a 'Dedication Blade'.

As far as crossgraining goes; Eickhorn did a great job on their factory grounds. However you can usually tell by the minute difference of the crossgrain on the obverse compared to the reverse of the blade. Also caliper measurements will show differences in blade thicknesses.

BTW...It's Just my opinion.

-wagner-

?

Thanks Wagner. I really appreciate your input. As I said, I'm still learning about SA's. This is very useful information!

Danny

?

Hi Danny,

Now that is a Minter Ground Rohm Eickhorn SA!!

Congrats to you

Regards Mac 66.

Good summary Wagner thank you for that input!!.......along with what Allan said...as far as the logo placement is concerned.........No it is not a common practice for these to be off center,,possibly a Monday morning job at the factory or spilling acid on his lap...as all logos were centered down the spine of the blade or a slight variance of a milimeter.
    As far as bench marks are concerned It is not necessary that every Eickhorn blade have a bench mark. These daggers were produced into the thousands..and in multiples of probably between 1 to 100 were QC stamped. We have seen bench mark numbering between 0 - 9 Not not necessary but always nice to see. The internal markings will speak the same along with the Eickhorn signature style crossguards. I keen eye will see the difference between these guards and other producers guards.

Preferably for me I like a complete Eickhorn example which would include a bench mark number. Best Regards Larry

Heres mine with a bench mark #4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger by Eickhorn  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2