Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Dagger FDICK maker

Article about: So, after about 2 hours of running around like a chicken with his head cut off I was able to get back to the gun show and purchase the dagger! Thank you all for the advice . Originally I was

?

Default Re: SA Dagger FDICK maker

So, after about 2 hours of running around like a chicken with his head cut off I was able to get back to the gun show and purchase the dagger! Thank you all for the advice . Originally I was not going to buy it because I am a student on a budget and recently picked up an RZM SA dagger (with the help of many here), but when I saw everyone's response I rushed over and and grabbed it before someone else did! Thank you all for the help and words of (strong) encouragement . I took some photos to show you all, they aren't that great because they're from my phone but hope you enjoy them all the same! The dagger I just bought is on the right laying down in the display case, the one displayed on the homemade holder is the first one you guys helped me with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger FDICK maker   SA Dagger FDICK maker  

SA Dagger FDICK maker   SA Dagger FDICK maker  

SA Dagger FDICK maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger FDICK maker
    P
    Many

Looks even better in your photos mate - already made it to the display case too!

Great pick-up at a bargain price

Chris

?

Thanks Chris! I am very happy to have it! What sort of value would you personally put on it. From everyones post it seems I did quite well but not sure how well? Any ideas?

Congratulations!
    It is the kind of opportunity that we all hope for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Dramos,
    I'm probably not the best to ask on prices but would guess that a dealer would probably have it priced in the region of $800 - $1000 in that condition.

A good website for guidance on daggers is https://www.lakesidetrader.com/

There is a tab marked 'education' at the top of the home page that gives some good info on different TR edged weapons.

Chris.

?

Thanks Ralph! It is always great to have appreciated by such advanced collectors.

WOW!! Congrats again,,looks better in person as been said by Radidas!!....These early SAs are very collectable and will hold its worth more so than any Late SA RZM dagger. The difference is the quality and craftmanship.
    Another great reason why these are collectable in a history aspect is it was there during that period of struggle when Hitler was coming to power. So your dagger may have been to places and seen more... than its late counter part SA dagger. Great dagger and a great find. I am happy for you
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Can not express my gratitude enough for this forum and its members. Ive been a member for a little less than a month and what a month it has been! I will definitely be renewing my membership when that time comes Not only have you helped me save money, but I have learned a ton by reading and listening to what members have to say. Again, thank you very much!!

Well done Dramos really happy that you got it now get yourself some renwax (renaissance wax) and give the daggers a smear of it and it will protect the blade and grip for years to come great buy mate, oh yes and the scabbard
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thanks Ronnie! Can i pick up that wax at a local hardware store? Also, whats the best way to apply it? Don't want to mess up a great piece because of lack of knowledge..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast