Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!

Article about: I was so entranced by the boobs and butt of the daggers condition..and never looked below the belt. It does appear to be blunted..and agree a measurement would be the best course. Its still

Default SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!

Hi,

Finally the owner of this SA-dagger is ready to sell.
    ...I have bought other items from him earlier.

What do you think of it?
    And what would the price be for a Giesen & Forsthoff dagger in this condition?

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!   SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!  

SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!   SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!
    P
    Many

Nice NSKK dagger which rates a 7 on rarity. Gruppe mark is correct..and the overall appearance is worn..but everything is matching in condition. Lovely

A rare to see black anodized scabbard which is highly collectable among SA / NSKK collectors. I have an August Merten with the same qualities and condition as yours above..including a very worn black anodized scabbard. Below is my August Merten..and very comparable to yours. Thanks for sharing. Regards Larry .

check out pricing to compare with same conditioned examples on these 2 sites Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals and Wittmann Antique Militaria

SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I like it-a good decent original piece in solidly nice condition and by a maker that is not all that easy to find. A fine Giesen & Forsthoff NSKK with an also uncommon 3 piece hanger in matching condition. Nice crossgraining to the blade and a rich dark etching shows that it has never been abused. If you can get it for under a grand, you'd be doing good, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Guys hope I am wrong as I am viewing on my mobile phone, but it looks to have been re tipped which in my opinion sadly will affect the price of the dagger, as I say hope I am wrong, maybe one of you guys can take a better look on your pc , otherwise a very nice example, sorry for casting a little doubt on it,
    Cheers Ronnie

I wondered that myself, Ronnie-the angle of the 1st photo makes it look that way, but the 2nd photo does not. I am thinking it was just the photo that makes it look like a bad tip.
    William

The previous owner had the dagger for 50 years.

Today we agreed on a price 690USD.
    ...hope it is okay?

I have wanted this dagger since he showed it to me, years ago.
    It is my first.

Don't know if the dagger has been re tipped.

Regards
    Replace

Would it be possible to get a measurement of the blade length?
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Would it be possible to get a measurement of the blade length?
    I can measure the blade, when I get the dagger next week.

Here is a test you could try - I just tried it myself
    Save the first of my pictures on your pc.
    Then open this picture and zoom until the total lenght of the dagger measures 350mm on a 1:125 scale ruler.(measure the dagger on the screen).
    ...then measure the blade lenght(in the same zoom), it says 220mm.

Of course this is not a reliable test, but funny and probably not all wrong.

I will measure the dagger when I get it home - then we know.

Regards
    Replace

Just had a look on my PC as back home now, and what a very nice example you have there just love the matching 3 part hangers,.. and scabbard....... also had a closer look at the tip of the dagger and I think it has been re-tipped but also think it's been done a long time ago, I am sure you will find out if I am wright or wrong when you have it in hand ( I hope I am wrong)
    thanks for showing
    cheers Ronnie

I was so entranced by the boobs and butt of the daggers condition..and never looked below the belt. It does appear to be blunted..and agree a measurement would be the best course. Its still a great all early period dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast