Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!

Article about: I was so entranced by the boobs and butt of the daggers condition..and never looked below the belt. It does appear to be blunted..and agree a measurement would be the best course. Its still

I just had the seller to measure the blade lenght - it measures 217mm-218mm.
    ...so the dagger must have been re tipped, but not much is missing.
    The dagger has not been re tipped in the last 50 years, according to seller - so it must be an old job.
    ...I trust him 100%.

I will measure the blade myself, when I get the dagger home.

Regards
    Replace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!
    P
    Many

3mm missing. It sounds like some idiot stuck it into something and snapped the tip. A common occurrence with GI's and their kids after the war playing with them. Theoretically, it might even have been a drunken Brown Shirt thug that did it and then had to have it repaired. A shame, as the dagger itself is in remarkably nice shape and configuration. It does, of course, affect the value fairly considerably.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Replace,

as stated above it has some pros & cons, so all is about did you pay the proper price for a NSKK dagger in this shape.
    All parts of the dagger including the hanger have their cons, blade retipped with greying, dented scabbard,missing snapbutton on the top hanger.
    Looking at this 3 piece hanger with a missing snapbutton, making that worth aprox. 150-160 dollar, leaving about 540 dollar.
    So that will be about what its worth i guess.
    If your happy with the dagger then you have not overpaid it i think.
    Overall appearance showing us a used, have been there look of an all original early NSKK dagger.

Regards,
    Ger

Hi,

Got the dagger home last week, but have not really had time to look at it until now.
    ...have been in Malmø(Sweden) all weekend.

The blade lenght is 218mm, so 2mm is missing.

The snapbutton is not missing on the top hanger - it's there and working great, however the cover of the snapbutton is missing.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!   SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!  

SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!   SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions!  

When the opportunity arises that someone begins to ask questions about this dagger..the where when and why questions...I can 110% guarantee you when you tell them about the early history and movement this dagger represented..and who it helped support....that missing 2mm is not going to make a difference at all. Still a great conditioned dagger with a 3 pc hanger that isnt common to see accompany daggers anymore. Nice find..regardless of the 2mm..but 100% been there historic Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi,

We clearly have some experts on this great forum.

As mentioned, this is my first NSKK-dagger.
    ...I am a total newbie in daggers.

So tell me, how can you see that this dagger is early?
    ...correct me if I am wrong - later daggers is RZM marked on the blade?

What year was the first SA/NSKK-daggers produced and when did production stop.
    ...is it possible to tell when my dagger was produced, or just approximately?

Is there a reason for the different types of hangers?

Regards
    Replace

Thoughts or input anyone..on "Replace " last post?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well sometimes im the lazy type of guy
    in courtasy of Lakeside traders

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Educa...r-Deutschland/

i think Paul covered his questions...

Regards,
    Ger
    Larry did i earned my second beer yet?

Thankyou for the Lakeside Link..I get weary after awhile...and yes sir you do get another Beer...... 2 or 3

DaggOberfest coming in 1 month
    Attached Images Attached Images SA dagger (Giesen & Forsthoff) 3 piece hanger - opinions! 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2