Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger with a green scabbard

Article about: Of course when I bought this I thought why the heck would anyone paint an SA Scabbard green? I assume that some guy brought and back and decided hey what if I paint this green. It is a profe

Maybe it's a prototype for something that was planned but not done. Possibly for the Sturmabteilung Waldschutzdienst? Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger with a green scabbard
    P
    Many

This has been an interesting read. Funnily enough, I saw the following advertised when looking for SA daggers in the UK. I thought - potentially - the scabbard was NPEA with hanger. I know absolutely nothing about NPEA daggers, so perhaps it’s an outrageously, offensive imitation. Here are some photos of it anyway to add to the discussion..

- Regards, Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger with a green scabbard   SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

SA Dagger with a green scabbard   SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

SA Dagger with a green scabbard  

?

scotland99 hello the pictures you posted are not real dagger SA

Hi there Kekel,

I thought that was likely to be the case, consequently it adds no value to the discussion. I apologise..

Regards, Scotty.

I found once in the 80´s one SA with for me period painted scabbard, some are around that are veteran finds in the US with sure period green painted scabbards.
    The thread starter is way off from I would call period color.

Why some where green I don´t know and think purpose is unknown, some think Jäger units ... but who knows.

I've seen a few (non-factory) black painted examples that I thought were probably OK. Those daggers overall looking untouched and the paint maybe in not that pristine of a condition because they had what looked like some period wear. Versus those with an "orange peel" finish from a spray can, so you have to be able to see it up really close because a paint job after the war at some point is probably going to also have some age on it by this late date. Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2