Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger HACO Berlin

Article about: Hi everyone, I've had this dagger in hand last weekend, and it looked beautiful, loaded with crossgrain, and in nearly mint condition. From what I know these guards are the correct type for

Default SA dagger HACO Berlin

Hi everyone,
    I've had this dagger in hand last weekend, and it looked beautiful, loaded with crossgrain, and in nearly mint condition. From what I know these guards are the correct type for Haco, they are thinner, the Gau Marke 'B', probably done twice but still correct. Just a small hit to the ball. There was also no trace of varnish, which is quite common I guess for these daggers. The SA pastille looks ok, a bit out of centre but probably nothing out of the order too. I only have these four pictures. What is your opinion? Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger HACO Berlin   SA dagger HACO Berlin  

SA dagger HACO Berlin   SA dagger HACO Berlin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger HACO Berlin
    P
    Many

Hey Bartvan looks like a real stunner. I love the tone of the grip. Just a beautiful dagger in great condition imo. Best regards.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Most Haco's I've seen have a varnished grip, but I have little or no further doubts about the dagger, the craftsmanship is sublime.

?

Nice one Bart, its from Steiner-the France seller and you bought it on Ciney
    Congratz!

Ger

?

The grip is most likely stripped, but looks good this way.

Here is an example I have, early NSKK. The grip has traces of varnish. The crossguards on HACO often have internal matching numbers, given in some kind of permanent reddish ink. Probably to ensure correct assembly to the finished grip. I am not suggesting you dis-assemble yours, if untouched then leave it untouched.

SA dagger HACO BerlinSA dagger HACO BerlinSA dagger HACO Berlin

?

The NSKK that Barry shows above is the typical way that you see this edged weapon firm's handles. The lacquer didn't always hold up that good over the years, and the reason at times that we see them stripped.

Default Internal Red numbers on HACO crossguard

Quote by Gastvrijheid View Post
    Here is an example I have, early NSKK. The grip has traces of varnish. The crossguards on HACO often have internal matching numbers, given in some kind of permanent reddish ink. Probably to ensure correct assembly to the finished grip. I am not suggesting you dis-assemble yours, if untouched then leave it untouched.

SA dagger HACO BerlinSA dagger HACO BerlinSA dagger HACO Berlin
    I have owned this HACO for many, many years and have often wondered the significance of the red numbers on the interior of the crossguard. Sorry, some pics are not up to standard, but you get the idea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger HACO Berlin   SA dagger HACO Berlin  

SA dagger HACO Berlin  

Haco Buffet !! ...........and the significance of the red and also black numbering

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

A true Haco dagger will have both upper and lower guards numbered including the grip

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill