Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you to help me recognize if this sa dagger with full Rohm inscription is good or bad. Unfortunately I do not have better pictures. Thank you, Mike Annoyed from t

?

Default Sa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you to help me recognize if this sa dagger with full Rohm inscription is good or bad. Unfortunately I do not have better pictures.
    Thank you, Mike
    Sa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for helpSa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for helpSa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for helpSa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for helpSa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for helpSa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dagger Henckels Full Rohm inscription pattern - ask for help
    P
    Many

The basic dagger itself is good.

I would like to see a good clear close up pic of the inscription.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Inscribed blades generally have the makers mark lower and closer to the guard. The mark on this one is in the usual place for an uninscribed blade. The dagger itself, as Ade has already said, looks fine, but I'm not liking the inscription part much. The inscription also seems to be abit off center and low to the center ridge. In fact, the etchings on Both sides seem to be extremely shallow in appearance. I'm feeling like someone took a common standard dagger and enhanced it to drastically raise it's selling price. It would not be for me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Does anyone have a reference photo of a known good Henckles version to compare the placement of the makers mark? I know that Eickhorn and others lowered the mark for Rohms but that's about all I know about these LOL.

Henckel Rohms were only in 1 position...and with no small variant

SA full inscription Rohm dagger by Henckles

I am also a little leary of the of the inscription..as it does not conform to other Henckel Rohms ( see photo below )

The dagger is great as Ade has Specified..no doubt about the dagger being authentic.Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

my 2 cents:

i think William is spot on in this one, logo at the wrong place for a Henckels Rohm.
    IMO an Original dagger with a postwar etch.

The Henckels Rohm daggers have their logo placed closer to the guard then the no Rohm daggers (distance=size of a half logo).
    The standard Henkels SA have their logo at a distance of a full logo from the guard.

Futher more I agree with Larry about the motto.
    It is missing then crispness of an Original, easy to see its missing the sharp etches
    Cheers,
    Ger

Now why would somebody do such a thing....oh thats right there are 7000 reasons why. Shame another SA was ruined in the name of greed.

Not sure yet if its ruined but the typically seen gray condition in the low light tends to give false impressions ... Photos under better lighting conditions as requested by Ade will give advantage to the etch depth. Right now what is commonly seen is this typically seen gray over cost on the blade . Can't say for sure if there is no etch depth but the etch itself is not Commonly seen Henckels. Maybe a template change as they do break down after awhile but close ups of the etch would help greatly
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So much to learn, that is why I love this hobby, I will be looking foward to see how this one turns out.

Interesting thread. IMHO
    A couple things:
    1- The maker mark is NOT always placed closer to the crossguard on Rohm daggers this is the case with some not all and if you hold by this you will be shut out of some Rohm's.
    Yes some Eick's and Wingens are placed closer and some used their std size and placement. Personally I have never seen a Henckels small logo or one placed closer to the crossguard but hey I'm learning too.
    2- When authenticating a Rohm one looks at 4 or 5 different aspects before ever having to examine the inscription against a template. 95% of fakes can be tossed out before even getting to the inscription.
    Just for the fun of it I've asked Larry to post a real Henckels for your viewing pleasure.
    Finally the posted example is not one I would buy.
    Hope this helps.
    P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast