Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn

Article about: I have never seen such a black SA dagger! J.P. Sauer and his sons made fine weapons. I own a 1942 K98 that they made. It's by far the best K98 I have ever handled.

Default Re: SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn

I have never seen such a black SA dagger!

J.P. Sauer and his sons made fine weapons. I own a 1942 K98 that they made. It's by far the best K98 I have ever handled.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn
    P
    Many

?

Yes, a maker of quality items for sure.

?

Ralph, a very nice condtioned early NSKK you got there

i like the dark wood grip

Cheers Mac 66.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    It looks less black in these new pics. It could be that a polishing compound
    has entered the wood and darkened it some. I have seen very lightly
    toned early grips and have one that is very dark brown, as yours is.

below are some grips to compare.........
    Walkwolf are all those daggers you posted Suhl daggers? The second one from the left looks like a Kober for sure,,what is the first one? I know its common to see Low step crossguards on Suhl daggers.
    Nice dagger Ralph and i would not worry too much about the the grip color as there were some makers that used darker style grips,, " SA maker Richard Drees" is a great example.

Very nice dagger like Larry say's above, Drees and also Herder where known for using dark grips, i used to also have a Jos Schlimbach (a rare 10) which also had a very dark grip thanks for showing
    cheers Ronnie

Very fine NSKK dagger. It looks to have been very well kept over the years, as it appears to be in excellent condition. Nice to have the hanger as well. Congratulations!

No one has yet mentioned SA Marine daggers. These had black scabbards and grips.

These can be a bit controversial in some respects. Some say gilt fittings to the dagger, while others don't.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Spot on Ade , some say early Marine SA's did not have any guilt on them so this has a good chance of being one if it is you have one rare dagger there matey
    cheers Ronnie

Thank you for all of your comments.
    I have taken some more photos of this dagger beside my RZM NSKK for you to see that it is not an NSKK.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Siegfried B View Post
    Walkwolf are all those daggers you posted Suhl daggers? The second one from the left looks like a Kober for sure,,what is the first one? I know its common to see Low step crossguards on Suhl daggers.
    Nice dagger Ralph and i would not worry too much about the the grip color as there were some makers that used darker style grips,, " SA maker Richard Drees" is a great example.
    These are in no particular order, and I can't remember which is which
    in the grip photo. I can go check if you'd like.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast