Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable

Article about: What is it that highlights the blade as fake? The decimal point?

Default SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable

hi all...a friend of mine bought this very salty RZM SA dagger on a little street market and asked for opinions.
    i see a not good fit of the grip with crossguards and no nickel plated finish...(may be covered by patina or oxidation?)
    what's your opinions? daggee parts or a normally oxidated salty dagger??
    thanks a lot
    luca
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable   SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable  

SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable   SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable  

SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable   SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable
    P
    Many

Poor sheath fit...poor grip fit....at best, a parts dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i suspected that...What do you think about the opacity of the fittings?

SA is not my area, but crossguard on dagger in topic are made from solid-nickel?
    And dagger scabbard/nut is nickel-plated?

RZM SA dagger should look like these one:

SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionableSA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionableSA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable

Early SA dagger:

SA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionableSA dagger M.7/8 very salty and questionable

I apologize if I'm wrong, but it seems to me - as another strange dagger in a row.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 04-08-2014 at 12:02 PM.

form the pics he sent to me doesn't seem nickel plated crossguards..they have the opacity of nikcel silver ones...but no gau mark...also che pommel nut seems to have a different colour fort the rest of fittings..i suspect dagger parts as wagriff told

Not quite sure what you are asking about when you say opacity, but as Vedran has just said, the guards on it look like very dirty solid nickel pieces and the sheath, of course, (because it does not belong with this dagger) are plated and also very tarnished. I would suspect that this dagger was mated with mismatching pieces and aged to attempt to obscure this fact.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks guys i totally agree with you...not a big trouble for my friend 'cause he paid a few m oney for it...

Im not a fan of these decimal point marked RZM blades although I have commented on them before in a positive light..but further research leads me to believe otherwise. Still studying. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

IF you want to keep this little Frankenstein then put it in a display behind a rope with at least a distance of
    2 meters....course this is a bad parts dagger, build from different materials, different periods with a repro blade.
    Mac would probably call this a "BOGUS Dagger"

Ger

ahi ahi...also the blade is not good...not a good new for my friend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast