Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Dagger M7/66 Carl Eickorn

Article about: I just came across this dagger for sale locally. I am interested but first would like to know your opinion. Thanks Patricio

It is incredibly clean... it's one of those "time capsule" pieces.

It looks like a very good find ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger M7/66 Carl Eickorn
    P
    Many

?

Schlange/snake it should be aluminium but with pics its not always easy to determen
    If its silver nickel it can be a replaced denazified one
    Looking at the wings upperside and the eagles head on both sides there is some wear on the grip
    So it could be a replaced one.
    Without an inhand inspection its hard to tell
    The high ridge grip fits the dagger and period well

Regards
    Ger
    Btw im not realy fond of your forum name.....perhaps its just the animals nature that doesnt attract me

If someone is really replaced the grip eagle, then hi was made a hell of good a job. There is no any sign of pulling the old eagle fro the dagger grip. (wood is not damaged, and is perfectly match both crossguard)

Schlange

?

Very nice RZM SA

Grip Eagle looks fine to my eyes

Mac 66

Perhaps the eagle was actually Factory replaced at the time? In any case, a nickel eagle is quite uncommon but is certainly not unheard of. I can see nothing wrong with this dagger. The eagle has patina to it from age and contact with hands for the last 70+ years, is all, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

There is a small possibility that this eagle has been replaced, but done on the proper way by pushing back the splits inside the tang hole.
    Only thing thats needed after the splits are back, is to get behind the eagleto lift it out of the wood, that can be hard having a perfect fit.
    This action in most cases leave small marks.
    When magnified there are 2 areas that fit this theory, after that you have to push the splits of the new eagle back in place, and THATS the hard part of the surgery, the swastika erea is hard to get in place.
    This one is a little outside the wood.
    Look at the picture.....
    Only way to tell if this is the Original eagle is to look inside the tanghole and look at the splits and new toolmarks in the tanghole.
    All other is just speculations, i do not have problems with the eagle myself, either original old surplus used by eickhorn or a well done replacement, it fits pretty well.

Ger
    SA Dagger M7/66 Carl Eickorn

Marked damages was caused as a result of engraving a "base" for eagle.
    These type of damages are visible at almost on every SA dagger. (especially on late RZM SA daggers)

Schlange

?

Then tell me snake what is your point?

A peek up the lower grip tang clearance hole should be able to put all queries to rest..as after 70 yrs there will be some patina build up even on aluminum eagle pins on the inside. A jewelers loop and a small flash light will work to see this detail. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bottom line.....buy it, Patricio. It is a fine dagger and in superb condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast