Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello, I have run across an SA Dagger for sale of which my research has revealed that it is an SA Dagger manufactured late in WWII by Arthur Evertz. I could use some help in determining that

?

To me the scabbard appears dark brown...but I am getting older so maybe my colors are disappearing!

Hummel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hi,

Looks a nice honest RZM SA dagger imo

scabbard looks brown to my eyes

Mac 66.

May be a deep colored brown..not sure though upon better photos. Arthur Evertz...as far as present documentation exists , did not produce NSKK daggers..but the SA mann may have been transferred into the NSKK and either bought or painted the scabbard himself. Too many variables to prove conclusive.

Wittmanns link is hard to see through..and found another Evertz RZM type on his sight also including the Vet bring back box it was contained in, also appearing what seems to be a deep brown color. Hard to tell sometimes in photography.

SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake? SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?
    SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake? SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Seminole I uploaded a few pics from the link for you onto your post..I know you are new here and in time you will see the workings of the forum...but for future reference please save the photos to your computer and then post them..and not link..once that item is bought from his site..the link is dead with not content. Your post will be useless for the other readers. No worries..your not the only one. Enjoy your stay..and great thread by the way . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well its an OK SA dagger, but imo T.wittmans is better. Not only that but it has a return privilege which must be worth something if this is to be a gift?

Dagger collecting isn't a simple thing and shouldn't be taken lightly. IE, some like early - some like late. Some like mint some like the been there look. Some like textbook - some like the development as a transitional. Some like huge patination and untouched. Some prefer certain colours of SA Grips, Some even prefer certain makers!

I just don't really know how anybody can buy for somebody else.
    But all IMO, best with the decision matty

?

A good later SA dagger .........but when it is in your possession please immediately remove those finger prints that are on the blade !!! These , if left , will eventually burn into the steel and leave indelible marks .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

A good original SA dagger. Will make an excellent birthday gift for dad.

Steve

Thank you for all the feed back thus far. It has been very helpful and appreciated.

I picked up the dagger today. For a price lower than what was on the sticker in the first set of pictures. Upon looking over the dagger now that it is in my possession, the scabbard is in fact a dark brown. The edges of the blade are in great shape and I didn't find in dings or nicks. The wooden handle is also void of any deep dings or nicks. The dagger does fit well within the scabbard, but the blade does seem to have some run marks on it where it rides inside the scabbard. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. The blade as well as the cross guard, chape, locket and throat seem to have a light surface rust/corrosion/residue from being handled on them. What suggestions are there for addressing this corrosion/surface rust/residue? Myself and my Dad enjoy the weathered look of historical weapons and we understand that such items are historical and have been through a lot. I don't wish to shine it up like new or anything of the sort, just clean it up and maintain it as I'm sure it's been neglected for a long while. This being said, guidance on do's and don'ts of maintaining the dagger would be great.

Thanks again for all the guidance and education on this matter.SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?

?

There is no default setting to refer to in the best way to maintain these daggers as opinion differs from collector to collector ! It varies from just a light dusting , to giving the blade a thin coating of light machine oil , to a good clean all over and then sealing with a product called Renwax . There is also the personal preference of storing the blade in the scabbard or out of scabbard ! So as you can see it is not an exact science . Common sense and regular monitoring goes well BTW i think your Pa will be thrilled with his present
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    There is no default setting to refer to in the best way to maintain these daggers as opinion differs from collector to collector ! It varies from just a light dusting , to giving the blade a thin coating of light machine oil , to a good clean all over and then sealing with a product called Renwax . There is also the personal preference of storing the blade in the scabbard or out of scabbard ! So as you can see it is not an exact science . Common sense and regular monitoring goes well BTW i think your Pa will be thrilled with his present
    I agree with Alan on everything but the machine oil as we all know that oil residue attracts dust. I clean my blades, and fittings, gently and protect them with a light coat of Ren-Wax as Alan has also mentioned. I also generally store my blades out of the scabbard.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast