Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SA Dagger maker rarity?

Article about: I think it rates at about a 6? Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: SA Dagger maker rarity?

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    Thanks for the info Ronnie.

z4
    no problem you are welcome,
    cheers Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger maker rarity?
    P
    Many

My neighbor has a Hugo Linder Deltawerke SA dagger, with the metal sheath. The motto on the blade is in excellent condition; it has a small 'Wm" on the cross guard. Minus points: silver cap is missing from sheath and wooden handle has small chip from area of SA medallion. Values anyone? Thanks for your help!

Photos are really needed.

See my pinned list at the top of the forum on SA Gruppe markings: you can look up "Wm".

Cheers, Ade.

SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?SA Dagger maker rarity?

Here are some pics of my neighbors SA dagger. Hopefully they are clear enough to see. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Paratus

It is a good original item. But it is in need of some TLC. The chape is missing as you will realise. Nice early maker marked pre RZM peice. The lower crossguard needs turning around as the SA gruppe marking of "Wm" should be on the reverse side.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. I suspected the "Wm" might have been wrong side, after looking at some pics on another site. What type of TLC could be done, without ruining the collector value? If you look close at the blade photo, at some point the tip is gone and there are some "sharpening" type of marks on one side of the tip. Can the blade be cleaned to get some of the dirt and "sticky" material off of it? And what about the small mark at the end of the motto, which can be seen in the photo? Is this some significance?

I would like to again thank all of the members for being good sports, and helping me with my inquiries. I accidentally found this site after running a generic search on the net, much to my excitment. Hope all had a nice Thanksgiving, or whatever you may observe at this time.

Semper Paratus

I am always fairly conservative when it comes to cleaning etc, but if done carefully you will be able to improve this one.

Strip the dagger down.

Using "Semi Chrome" polish clean the blade working from side to side across the blade (not up and down the length).

You can safely clean the crossguards with this too as they are the solid nickle type.

Give the grip a good wipe over with a clean white cloth to remove any dirt. Get rid of the gunk around the insignia. Don't try to polish them though.

Re-assemble the correct way around.

Now give the whole thing a coat of a museum grade wax to seal and preserve the dagger.

The upper scabbard fitting can be cleaned too.

It might be poosible to buy a replacement chape.

The mark on the blade at the end of the motto is rust pitting or the like.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3